Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,856   Posts: 1,583,047   Online: 939

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Home C-41

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Just wanted to report that my first roll of Kodak 160NC through the Tetenal kit worked great. The first six shots on the roll scanned almost perfectly as far as color reproduction goes - the next two had more of a greenish tint to them. The funny thing is that I am fairly certain the tint is due to the Canon software not properly (or perhaps overly) compensating when scanning (I'm using an 8800F). I tried Silverfast AI just for kicks, and it scanned the green tint images perfectly.

I mixed up only 200ml of dev, blix, and stabilizer for the first roll, used as one shot... seems most folks do 1L at a time, and reuse the solution for a while. How does that work if you have a small tank (I'm using the 25xx series Jobo tank that takes one 120 size reel)? According to Jobo it requires only 170ml of solution to cover the film, so I put a little extra in to be safe. I also based the estimate off of Kodak's details on their E6 chemicals (they list how much should be used per sq ft of film). That's one thing I find lacking with the Tetenal kit - sparse details in the instructions, so deviating from what they write will require some experimentation.

Shooter
    35mm
    The Tetenal kit's instructions are indeed sparse. It assumes you are using a processor, for one thing, so there is no mention of agitation with a hand tank.

Anyway, I can't answer about the Jobo but I'm developing in a small hand tank (Paterson) that takes either two 35mm reels or one 120. It's about 600ml for two 35mm reels or 500ml for one 120, but since I'm heating up the whole bottles of chemistry I don't take the time to measure each one out, I simply fill to the top of the tank every time. I dump the developer into a graduate during the last few seconds, then when there's a bit more time, pour it back into the bottle. Same with bleach & stabilizer.

I developed my 12th roll last night, and believe this is the 5th week since I mixed the chemistry. Haven't scanned it yet, but the negs looked fine to my eye.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin