Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,905   Posts: 1,521,321   Online: 1141

Shooter
    Medium Format

Essential Books on Color Photography...

Hey all,

I'm looking to read up a bit on the practice of color photography, both in terms of exposure and printing.

I've been doing both for a number of years, but don't really have any formal training. So I'd like to read up a bit, and perhaps improve my skills.

So, any suggestions?

I'm sure this has been covered here somewhere, but I'm not finding anything through search.

Thanks!

Shooter
    35mm
    Last edited by perkeleellinen; 12-21-2009 at 01:46 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: added info

Shooter
    Medium Format
    thanks for the links P. have Ctein's book on order from the local library.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Color Photography by Henry Horenstein and Exploring Color Photography by Robert Hirsch are good. I think the latter is the best of the two. The former is a bit basic, while Hirsch's book goes more in depth about the history, materials and practice and a good look at contemporary artists working in color.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin