Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,269   Posts: 1,534,378   Online: 868

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is an excellent example on the cover of "The Book of Special Effects Photography" by Michael Langford. This is a very excellent book, often overlooked.

PE

mts
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You could always mix up a batch of C22 from scratch using an alternative formula and process yourself. As PE mentioned, E4 doesn't like high temperatures. I have had reticulation problems with it even at 85F with a pre-hardener and neutralizer. Generally E4 is lousy film, in my opinion, or at least one that takes a lot more attention to processing than the current E6 and C41 films. I am interested in how you come out with your tests because I too have some E4/HS-IR in the freezer. By now it has likely lost its sensitivity, but someday a few experiments could be fun.
    By denying the facts, any paradox can be sustained--Galileo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Keith, I've found a bit more info on using the hardener, then processing as E-6. I know it's been said here that it can't be done but the info I have sounds good. I'm doing my own E-6 now and may try to get the chems for the hardener soon. If I have success, I'll let you know and will soup your stuff I you'd like. I shot a roll today that I'll do test strips with when I get around to it.
    *mts looks to have tried it. I'll try it myself anyway.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin