Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,928   Posts: 1,585,179   Online: 759

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    I bought two rolls of Edge earlier this year from UK retailer Jessops. It was so cheap that I've been printing all the time and learning lots about colour without spending very much money at all. I've got some very nice prints from it. The only hassle has been cutting sheets from the roll in my small darkroom.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelbsc View Post
    Is this regular old RA-4 process paper that's cheap enough I can experiment and learn?
    Absolutely. I find the exposure, filter packs and processing almost identical to endura. I use the exact same processing chems and times as I do for Endura. Can't beat the price for over 700 8X10s. I won two rolls of glossy and one roll of lustre. That's over 2000 8X10s for less than 100 bucks, delivered. With that much paper, I find myself experimenting a lot that I would never do with expensive endura. I cut enough to last for a while, and keep the rest in the freezer. The rolls aren't that big. While I haven't tried it for portraits, (I mainly shoot landscapes) I can't tell much difference from Endura. I find the saturation and contrast more similar to supra than portra.
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brucemuir View Post
    Just have a somewhat cool place to store it because I imagine the roll is too big for my freezer haha.
    Well, right now the garage at the farm is pretty cool, and I have room there.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelbsc View Post
    Well, right now the garage at the farm is pretty cool, and I have room there.
    You could try cutting it and sticking it in boxes to shrink it down.
    --Nicholas Andre

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin