Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,269   Posts: 1,534,443   Online: 959

Shooter
    Medium Format

Processing film with Cibachrome K-2?

I was given a bunch of darkroom supplies and was given a Cibachrome K-2 kit. I realize it's a paper development kit but seeing as I probably won't be doing and slide printing as the paper is a bit out of price, I was wondering if it will develop E-6 film. I have about 50 rolls of Velvia 50 that the seller included with my RB67 but mostly do black and white or color negative as it is cheaper. I may try a home E6 processing kit if this doesn't work out (which I'm thinking it won't), but I was wondering if I could process Velvia with the kit. Any help would be great.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No, it will not work. It's for dye bleach materials, not for chromogenic materials. You will not get dyes at all as there is no color developing agents, and the bleach will remove all the silver, resulting in a completely blank film. You can, however, use the developer and fixer (omitting the bleach) to get a normal BW negative. But that's not very interesting.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the reply, since I have no use for the kit if anyone wants it, I'll be glad to give it away for the price of shipping.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hey TJ. Depending on where you are... I might take it off your hands.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    PM sent.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Chemicals going to a good home! Sorry if you missed out.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin