Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,491   Posts: 1,542,961   Online: 905

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not so funny!

At Kodak, we must all take a rigid test for color blindness and we are not allowed to work on certain phases of product development if we fail in any way. It makes sense to me.

PE

E76
    Shooter
    Instant Films
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Not so funny!

At Kodak, we must all take a rigid test for color blindness and we are not allowed to work on certain phases of product development if we fail in any way. It makes sense to me.

PE
    Funny story about that. One of my professors used to work at Kodak and developed a set of algorithms for calculating color balance when printing negatives with a certain minilab (IIRC, this was for the Advantix system). As part of the process, they had a guy making prints from the negatives that were supposed to have neutral color balance, but every print he made was way off. It turned out the guy making them was color blind!

Shooter
    35mm

For want of a nail...

I Am beginning to think I've made a mistake getting into color printing, even though I haven't (and can't) attempt(ed) my first print yet. Bought the head on eBay, spent a good bit of time cleaning it. Ordered the chemicals and paper, the paper was backordered. Reordered paper, then went to mount the C760 head and discovered there's a required bracket - not included with my auction find - that on Omega's website is, get this, available for just $17.95 - WITH $15 shipping and a $5 "handlling fee". I paid less for the entire head than I would for this stupid bracket! Arrrrgh!
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Which bracket do you need--I may have it. Is it the small one? There are two that come with a C-700 Dichro head a large that I think fits the B-22 and a small that I believe fits the C-700 -- I have both, but only need the one to fit a B-22.

Rick

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh ya-- just pay shipping if you want it.

Rick

Shooter
    35mm

Here's what it looks like

Quote Originally Posted by ralnphot View Post
    Oh ya-- just pay shipping if you want it.

Rick
    I think I found a picture of it at B&H and the image is at:

But I don't know which one this might be.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Today is your lucky day -- I have that bracket sitting here in my hot dirty hand. Well, actually, its sitting on my desk.
    PM me with your mailing info, and I'll get in the mail to you. We'll discuss the private stuff there.

Rick

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I am interested in others experiences, as to mixing, and using the Kodak RA RT chemicals and capacities. I haven't printed color in many years, but would like to do so again using the Kodak RT chemicals. I understand the process, just wondering about the dilutions and capacites.

What are the capacities of the Ektacolor RT replenisher?

In trays, do you use a certain amount for so many prints?

Or do you use it one shot in drums? Is it the same for the Bleach fix?

How do you store the mixed chemicals, and how long will they last once mixed up?
    Can you mix up small amounts of dev and bleach fix?
    Thank you

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I using the Kodak RA-RT in trays and am mixing a litre at a time. If I recall the Developer is three bottles and I have the 5 litre kit so it's fairly easy to divide the total of each bottle by 5. The kit I have has the total fluid ml printed on them. It's simple.

I was just getting started so I was making smaller prints but 1/2 litre at a time in an 8x10 tray lasts most of your printing session. You can get the exact print capacities per litre from the Kodak PDF.

I have a regular indicator stop tray then I mixed up the Blix the same way.

I'm using a pre wet tray also. It;s VERY esy nd I was getting good results down to 62-65f.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use in trays for a certain amount of prints and finally dump. Usually this "certain amount" is so much that I don't even count it as I don't print so much. I mix one liter and dump maybe after 4-5 months, and usually I do only about 20-40 prints during this and I've never had any problems with print quality.

And yes, you can mix small amounts, but it can be a bit tedious because there is no information about how much the bottles contain -- so they are not originally meant for partial mixing. (At least the 5l bottles I'm using!) I had to measure it on the first time and pour back to bottles, but it worked and I see no reason why it shouldn't work (expect for contamination when measuring, be careful).

Mixed chemicals have lasted at least 4 months for me in airtight, squeezed bottles. Longer than BW paper developers, anyway!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin