Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,677   Online: 905

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Are there really just 7 Ilfochrome 50"rs left?

ok im just putting this out there because Its something I find surprising, The supplier of Ilfochrome materials has told us we are one of only 7 labs left in the world running a 50" ilfochrome processor, and that all other ilfochrome labs are now running smaller width machines limiting them to 20"x? and 30"x? etc... Who here uses an ilfochrome lab? and what size do they print up to?

~Steve
    The Lighthouse Lab
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    call Lab Ciba,

they're in Burbank, here in CA. the largest size they list on their site is 50"x98", so I'm assuming that they are running a 50" machine.

http://www.lab-ciba.com/prices.html

-Dan

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    We stopped running Cibachrome 1 1/2 years ago , we had a 32 inch Colenta and exposed digitally with a 30inch Lambda Device.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bob,

Do you still run Cibachrome on a occasional basis?

Tom

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Tom

No , we tossed the processor into a very large bin and said bye bye to the process for ever.
    Sadly there was Zero interest in the product , not enough that would keep the machine alive and in critical process control needed .

Jeff Wall in Vancouver may be the single largest producer of Cibachrome in the world.
    His cibas are trans , big and beautiful. He has a market for his work , but I am not sure if his prints are enlarger or digital laser exposed.
    I am sure when he works there is enough material and chems going through his machine to start up and shut down.
    He recently sold an image for an very , very large amount and for him this process really works.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    Bob,

Do you still run Cibachrome on a occasional basis?

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bob,

I hope to get around to attempting Ilfochrome printing sometime this year; partly as a point of comparison to RA-4. My two dye transfer prints from Ctein's 2008 special offer are very impressive compared to RA-4.

Tom

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    We make Ilfochromes for others up to 20X24 I also have a contact that makes huge Ilfochromes. Contact me if you wish.

Don

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin