Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,108   Online: 899

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Many of us switched to Fuji 50D (now Velvia 50) years ago because Kodachrome processing was too slow and not commercially practical, I've staid with Fuji colour films since then for E6 and C41, but I may shoot Ektar 100 for an upcoming project because I will do my own RA-4 printing.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    I've enough K64 (plus a few K25 and K200) to last for my expected slide-taking during 2010, then it will be time for a New-Years-Resolution for 2011 to do more medium format and B&W work, for which I'm a longtime Ilford fan.

For color slides it will probably be Astia, but perhaps I'll also explore whatever Kodak E-6 might still be available then :rolleyes:. And I'd like to try some more serious C-41 use again....I've neglected that in the last few years, finding a pocket d*****l more convenient for family snaps and for use as a kind of "notebook" when I just need a quick record of something for my other hobbies.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's not the end of the world, both Kodak and Fuji still have an excellent range of E6 reversal films, we'll just have to get over it, and move on.
    Ben

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I replaced Kodachrome about 20 years back. The film I replaced it with (I can't even remember its name) is no longer made either!

I've been using negative films exclusively for more than a decade. I don't see any need for tranny films in my work. I don't need WYSIWYG, and I like the better color accuracy and the much better dynamic range of negative films. I've used a lot of 160Portra and have to say that the bar is set pretty darn high these days. The latest incarnation of the Portra line is just excellent.

I used to really like Kodachrome. But film has gotten a whole lot better since Kodachrome's day.
    Bruce Watson
    AchromaticArts.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Fujichrome Provia 100F appears to me as the closest match to Kodachrome 64 (but with a stronger blue cast in the shadows). Grain and sharpness are better in Provia 100F, with a similar pronounced contrast and plasticity as in K64.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have been extremely impressed with E100G, E100VS and even Elitechrome so will be using those mostly. I'm going to try Fujichrome Astia, but at this point, the Kodak E6 films are fantastic.

Dave

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    Since my favorite Kodachrome was K25, I've already replaced it with Fuji Astia in medium and large format, usually with a slight warming filter.
    I shoot a fair amount of Astia. What warming filter are you using?
    Bachelor of Fine Arts and Bachelor of Arts: Journalism - University of Arkansas 2014

Canon A-1, Canon AE-1, Canon Canonet GIII 17, Argus 21, Rolleicord Va, Mamiya RB67, Voigtländer Bessa

http://darkroom317.deviantart.com/

Shooter
    35mm
    It was going to be e100gx

Shooter
    Large Format
    E100G is nice, and I'm trying Velvia 100 (not F) right now. Velvia 50 was a bit over the top with saturation for my taste. I never used much K25 as I found it too slow for general use, but I think it was the best color film ever.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Velvia here as well...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin