Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,914   Posts: 1,521,755   Online: 1083

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

What 120 film would you use for outdoor archetecture?

What 120 film would you use for outdoor architecture? I want something fine grain and neutral. The architecture shots will mainly be single to a few building in rural areas. No city shots.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Positive or negative stock?

Reala 100 for neg
    Provia for transparency, but it can tend to go blue in shadows/open shade so take the appropriate precautions

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would shoot E100G. It is a very nice film. I use it for almost all of my color 120 work. Nice fine grain and neutral color. I wish I had a scanner to post you examples....
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by brucemuir View Post
    Positive or negative stock?

Reala 100 for neg
    Provia for transparency, but it can tend to go blue in shadows/open shade so take the appropriate precautions
    I have always shot 35mm and honestly like pos/neg equally for different situations. Will give Reala and Provia a try and the Ektachrome suggested by Ektagraphic.

Thanks for the replies!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Just took a roll of film with my Rolleicord IIb. It was made in 1938, 10 yrs. older than me!

I like Reala!
    Bill Clark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I really like Fujifilm 160S. Shadows stay pretty neutral. Reala in medium-format is also outstanding, but I just think 160S has better microcontrast. Also, it is a very close match to my digital camera so I can shoot formats interchangeably without headaches.

For trannies, Provia 100F does a nice job of color shifting in long-exposures which warms things up without shifting the white-balance. Dusk/Dawn shots in the 30-120 second range will yield colors and intensities in the reds, purples and yellows not seen by the human eye. The color shift is not linear (like digital imaging), but generally keeps the subject (buildings in your case) from going off balance.
    http://www.zone-10.com

When you turn your camera on, does it return the favor?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    160 NC for color neg, and E100G or Provia for slide(e6). If you can't get E100G, get Provia or Astia. both are great films as well. E100G would be my first vote though for slide film.

works for me. I like to shoot architecture, and both are extremely fine grain, with nice contrast.

-Dan

Shooter
    35mm
    If you need a little extra punch on dull days or drab subjects, Ektar 100.
    Otherwise, it's hard to go wrong with any flavor of 160 negative film from both sources.
    Portra 800 is fun when you feel the need for speed.
    Wayne
    Deep in the darkest heart of the East Texas Rain forest. Apprentice Analog Activist.
    ... And to paraphrase Yoda, there is no how, only do.
    Vaughn
    My Photos Online

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Portra 160NC
    Eddy McDonald
    www.fotoartes.com
    Eschew defenestration!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Ektar 100 will give you great sharpness, grain, and saturation while retaining a more neutral look than velvia. It especially favors the reds. Just choose a roll and go. It's hard to go wrong.
    --Nicholas Andre

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin