Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,690   Posts: 1,548,864   Online: 955

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

closest film to Kodachrome

I know this is kinda a odd question, but Im wondering if there is any E6 film that has a similar look to Kodachrome 64 KR film. I really loved Kodachrome but need something else now for obvious reasons. I really liked the saturation in the reds, and how the film renders colors over all, but have not found a similar E6 film yet and would like suggestions.
    Thanks
    -Nathan Bladow

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I asked something similar a few days ago
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/7...odachrome.html

Shooter
    35mm
    I don't think that you (we) are going to easily find any single E6 film similar to K64, maybe because the dyes forming the image in K14 are of a totally different chemical nature to those in E6?

Whereas those in the different types and makes of E6 are presumably much more similar, with the differences between the films being those which the manufacturers choose to "build in" in fine-tuning the different emulsions?

If my theory is correct, it is perhaps going to be a case of we Kodachrome users just finding an E6 film with characteristics which we like, rather than trying to replicate Kodachrome....in which case possible choices have been suggested in several previous threads.

Shooter
    35mm
    I don't think you are going to find any E-6 film similar to kodachrome. Most find Ektar 100 to be the closest. Not what your wishing to hear I'm sure!

Shooter
    35mm
    Someone once said that Rollei Digibase CR200 is closer to Kodachrome in appearance than anything else out there. More so than even E100G. And FAR more so than Astia (which, regardless of what anyone else says, I think looks NOTHING like Kodachrome).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There was a discussion of Rollei Digibase CR200 here:
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/6...odak-e200.html

As well as a longer thread here:
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/6...de-film-2.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I personally feel that the Rollei Digibase comes the closest out of all. It certainly isn't Kodachrome but it is not oversaturated and has a great colors. It is moderatly grainy but the newer E-6 film standards. I like the film.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Astia 100f in my opinion. Also the best e6 film in my opinion.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Rollei Digibase is my choice also.

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by StorminMatt View Post
    Someone once said that Rollei Digibase CR200 is closer to Kodachrome in appearance than anything else out there. More so than even E100G. And FAR more so than Astia (which, regardless of what anyone else says, I think looks NOTHING like Kodachrome).
    I have to agree....The Rollei is imho, as close as I have seen......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin