Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,992   Posts: 1,524,224   Online: 1145

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kodak 5 L kit. You can usually get it right off of the shelf at Freestyle. I usually get two kits at a time, and mix 2 L at a time and use straight away or within a few days. I mostly use it for 4x5 transparencies in a hand-rotated Jobo Expert Drum. I wait until I have 40 sheets of film to process so that I make full use of the 2 L at 500 mL per batch. I use old crystallized chemicals for cross processing. IME, the developer tends to crystallize with age.

Doing 35mm one shot in Nikkor tanks, with four rolls per liter, it is about $2.50 per roll. Not cheap, even at home. For 120, I usually double roll back to back on 120 reels, or end to end on 220 reels, because if you do not, the cost is $5.00 per roll. To tell you the truth, however, I generally take E-6 roll fim to a lab, as I don't view the cost savings as being that significant for the volume of E-6 roll film I shoot now.

However, with sheet film, it saves a ton of money. Instead of $3 a sheet for 4x5, plus extra money for pushes and pulls (which I almost always do when using E-6), you pay $0.50 per sheet, with free pushes and pulls.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 01-13-2010 at 07:28 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    The photocolor Chrome 6 kit unfortunately no longer made.....(snip)

Ian
    That was a great kit. I used Photocolor kits (neg, print and slide) when they were available in the US. They always worked beautifully. I have also had very nice results with the Kodak kits as well. I haven't done any color processing in a few years, but I'd love to try the new Kodak 5 liter kit when my new darkroom is finished.
    When the chips are down,

The buffalo is empty!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielStone View Post
    some claim that the BLIX isn't as archival.

I've only used the Kodak 5L kit so far, and I never had any problems with it. If you're doubting the blix kit, use the Kodak.

works great. are you in the US? if you're not, Fuji chems are pretty easily available to most countries.

-Dan
    The BLIX affects image structure and color reproduction, the stabilizer (or lack thereof in some kits - or the prebleach in some other kits) affects dye stability after about 5 - 10 years at room temp in the dark.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use the Kodak 5L kit and process in a JOBO. I mix what I need for the film I have to process.

Bob
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

mts
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Scratch mix has not failed me in over twenty years, for both Fuji and Kodak. With a good stock of raw chemicals I haven't had any problems locating kits. I mix in 1-liter size and develop in SS tanks with water-bath temperature control. Nowadays I use mostly C41 also scratch mixed and increasingly, black & white.
    By denying the facts, any paradox can be sustained--Galileo

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I use ornano E-6 ( KI-90 )or DIa-3 kit's

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Kodak E6 Colour Developer Replenisher (40 litre) + Starter, home mixed E6 first dev recipe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Kodak Professional Single-Use Chemistry Kit, Process E-6 Catalogue Number 525 6763, 5 L. It is still the best, I was not that lucky with the FUJI kit.
    No problem in Europe, it’s made by Kodak-Pathé in Marne-La-Vallé France and costs € 53,00 shipping included, one box weights 8 Kg.
    I can process 20 rolls 120 format, two batches of 10, in it. That’s € 2,65 21% VAT incl. per roll film, not bad at all, why should I bother to brew it my self?

Philippe
    "...If you can not stand the rustle of the leafs, then do not go in to the woods..."
    (freely translated quote by Guido Gezelle)

PS: English is only my third language, please do forgive me my sloppy grammar...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use the Kodak 5l kit in a Jobo ATL-1000. Inexpensive and good.

Shooter
    35mm
    Ok, here's a deal, or maybe not. Im new here and this is my first post, so I don't even know if it will work. I used to do b&w and did ok, but layed off for a few years. Recently I wanted to get back in to it so I bought an Omega D2, and with it I got a bunch of other stuff I dont want. So I have a (I think) complete Kodak Color Slide Kit (500 ml) for EKTACHROME, plus an extra pac of no. 1, and a box of 100 Kodak ready mounts.
    I can't find a date on any of this, but if anyone can use it you can have it for postage.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin