Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,535,026   Online: 1044

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

E-6: Your Favorite Developer Kit?

What's your favorite E-6 developer kit? I've been using the Tetenal 3-bath and liking it a lot, but I've also been hearing bad things about blix. Do you guys prefer the separate bleach and fix processes? Any brands you like?

(Just for the record, I primarily shoot 120 film around 400 ASA. I like Provia a lot.)
    120 and 135 film, manually shot and self-processed.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I have developed E-6 all of once. I could have sold tickets to the experience and called it "performance art" .... I feel many would have been amused to see the mad cleanup, catching of falling chemicals, furtive microwaving, and multiple reading of directions. However, the film (4x5) was worth it. I use the Arista Rapid, a three bath kit, and it was very straightforward. Maybe my next go-round will be more sane.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    kodak 5L kit. Or fuji's kit if you don't live in the u.s.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tetenal kit, I have used it for years and never let me down. Easy to set up, easy to use, supreme results.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use the Kodak 5L kit was well - even though it has more steps I think it is worth the extra effort.

Gord

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The photocolor Chrome 6 kit unfortunately no longer madem now the Tetenal 3 bath, the blix has never vbeen a problem.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    some claim that the BLIX isn't as archival.

I've only used the Kodak 5L kit so far, and I never had any problems with it. If you're doubting the blix kit, use the Kodak.

works great. are you in the US? if you're not, Fuji chems are pretty easily available to most countries.

-Dan

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The kodak kit makes awesome results but it takes several class periods to run the whole process if you're not ahead of yourself heating chemistry. If you are I've weedled it down to an hour and 15 minutes. A microwave would increase my efficiency however. I see no real reason why a three bath kit should be frowned upon. The bottom line is if it looks good, it's good. Good =Good. etc.
    --Nicholas Andre

Shooter
    35mm
    I mix mine from scratch.
    I was really happy to find CD-4 has an excellent self life.
    Now I'm trying to figure out what to do with about four 30 gm containers of the stuff.

edit- I also do a light reversal. I think it gives me better color saturation.
    Anybody else try this?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I only use Kodak E6-kits. With the Kodak kit there is included a verey detailed leaflet on use/storage/dillutioning for half, 1, 2, 3,4 and 5 litre. How much film you can process. The quality of the slides processed is just fantastic! Never seen any pro lab do it better than what i gain self in my own small lab. And it ir REALLY chep to buy here in Norway.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin