Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,840   Posts: 1,582,488   Online: 928

Shooter
    35mm

Portra 800 portrait test with 35-75 lenses

mixed lighting (incand. and fluorescent), +1 EV. Used a Leica M6, 1M away on tripod. Lens were various 35-75 Leica, Pentax, Hexanon, and a Jupiter 8 here

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    the cat is so cute

regards
    sebastian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ampguy View Post
    mixed lighting (incand. and fluorescent), +1 EV. Used a Leica M6, 1M away on tripod. Lens were various 35-75 Leica, Pentax, Hexanon, and a Jupiter 8 here
    That's very impressive in a mixture of incandescent and fluorescent lighting without filtration, is it the fourth emulation layer that is preventing the colour caste ?
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    So what is your Conclusion?
    Nikon user

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing" Optimus Prime

Shooter
    35mm

it's a good film

Expensive, but with most any other C41 films, I get yellowish and greenish casts, so in this particular mix of lighting, the Portra 800 excels.

Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    That's very impressive in a mixture of incandescent and fluorescent lighting without filtration, is it the fourth emulation layer that is preventing the colour caste ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    I don't know about y'all, but we done did away with the colored castes here...
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 01-15-2010 at 07:19 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Where did this thread come from, nobody has posted on it for four years ?
    Ben

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin