Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,408   Online: 763

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ron and others are correct, but you can use cyan for ND in a pinch and cross processed negs often need C, but these are not normal negs.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    When printing RA4 or Reversal with a colour dichroic head we only use two filters, using the third filter will create unwanted ND which may be required but as PE stated use the ND filter on some enlargers for that purpose.
    All the expensive Durst units I used had a ND filter for reducing light output.

There are many uses for the cyan filter , specifically in Cibachrome and in the past nuetralizing interneg film packs.
    I have seen in RA4 applications for the cyan filter when selective burning is required or in JD Callows case when one cross process and prints RA4.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Selective burning is an excellent example of use of Cyan filtration.

Unmasked negatives usually require an additional 50R filtration in the pack.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    With color negative printing you will always be able to get a usable filter pack with Magenta and Yellow. I usually print at 65 Yellow 75cc Magenta. There is simply no need for a cyan filter because you will always be balancing away from cyan.

I think if you had a baseless film you would need more magenta and yellow filtration to give the film an apparent orange base.

I needed Cyan filtration once with fuji paper that was crossing over itself backwards.

The filter pack in Ilfochrome serves only to correct for variances in the paper. You calibrate it to achieve neutral greys and then you're done unless you want special effects.
    --Nicholas Andre

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin