Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,942   Posts: 1,557,574   Online: 1158

Shooter
    Multi Format

Develop Print and Slide film in C41 together

Assuming that I'm not going to replenish any chemistry, is there any reason I cannot load a roll of color print film in my Jobo and load a roll of slide film to be cross-processed at the same time in the same tank? Maybe it works great and that's why no one's asked before, but I figured I'd run it past the forum first.

Thanks,
    Jonathan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have done this many times. No problems whatsoever. E-6 film is very safe for C-41 chemicals.

When putting C-41 film in E-6 chemicals, however, I believe Kodak recommends that no more than 5% of the total film volume through the chemicals be C-41 film. This means that mixing C-41 and E-6 films in a hand tank with the E-6 process is not recommended (unless you have a 20 roll tank or larger, of course).
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fantastic, I really appreciate the info. Thanks!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin