Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,686   Posts: 1,482,338   Online: 846

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are 3 antifoggants for color paper that handle fog layerwise.

The antifoggant for the cyan layer is phenyl mercapto tetrazole used at 1 - 2 mg / liter of developer. IDK if it works on Fuji paper.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Can you persuade your local lab to cut you a piece of its fresh Fuji paper under safe conditions. Use this and if the cast disappears then you've solved the problem. If you bought your paper new from a reputable supplier then contact it. You'd have the evidence of flawed paper of non merchandisable quality and should get fresh paper as a result.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    I am reporting what Fuji announced at the International Congress of Imaging Science in May of 2006.

PE
    I don't doubt there were changes, our initial test prints with CA II were all over the place, but how is it that we didn't get new chemistry, or instructions to drain the old stuff and remix reformulated new stuff at the same time?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bob100684 View Post
    I don't doubt there were changes, our initial test prints with CA II were all over the place, but how is it that we didn't get new chemistry, or instructions to drain the old stuff and remix reformulated new stuff at the same time?
    IDK. You will have to ask Fuji! Sorry, but that was the report. Some people have even said there is no such thing as CA II.

PE

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloppervok View Post
    Do you know a distributor in the states that has the Fuji Hunt Press Kits?

The 5L working solutions "Print X Press 4 Kit" has been discontinued last summer.

Here in Europe several other small RA-4 kits ranging from 1L to 5L work.sol. are available.
    Last edited by AgX; 01-18-2010 at 12:41 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    IDK. You will have to ask Fuji! Sorry, but that was the report. Some people have even said there is no such thing as CA II.

PE
    I can indeed confirm there is CA II, our boxes come labeled as such.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Some people reported that they had to use a nearly zero or cyan filter pack with it and others report fog of varying types with Kodak chemistry. There are posts here to that effect.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    I have posted here before that CAII paper, released in 2006 or thereabouts, takes a different process than the old CA or Endura paper. Fuji changed the emulsions.

So, to test this, I suggest that you just rinse, blix, wash and dry a sheet or strip of your CA paper and see how green it is. If it is still green, it may be the tint of the paper, but if it is white, then the problem is either fog or the developer. If so, I suggest you change to the latest Fuji Hunt kit and process recomendations.

PE
    Fuji lists under #4 processing that CAII can be processed in the RA-4 process.

http://www.fujifilmusa.com/shared/bi...U_CATypeII.pdf
    Darkroom Equipment : 2X Beseler 23C Color Enlargers, Jobo ATL-1, Jobo CPE-2 Plus and Kreonite ProMate 16" Roller Transport Processor

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Davis View Post
    I could shoot digital and email the image to a lab and get a digital C-print. But I want to shoot and print in my darkroom. I was born in the wrong century.

Shooter
    35mm
    There are 3 antifoggants for color paper that handle fog layerwise.

The antifoggant for the cyan layer is phenyl mercapto tetrazole used at 1 - 2 mg / liter of developer. IDK if it works on Fuji paper.

PE
    PE I take it that that such antifoggants aren't generally available unlike say benzotriazole for B&W fogged paper so in reality fogged RA4 paper is throw-away paper?

My first thought is that it would be nice if such antifoggants were available but maybe even if they were then the effort of diagnosing which layer was fogged and the cost of the antifoggant might make it more trouble than it is worth?

I just don't know. Your indulgence is craved. I am UK based to probably complicate things.

Thanks

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RellikJM View Post
    Fuji lists under #4 processing that CAII can be processed in the RA-4 process.

http://www.fujifilmusa.com/shared/bi...U_CATypeII.pdf
    I am merely reporting what Fuji presented at the conference. They did indicate that by changing times (shortening them severely IIRC), usable results could be obtained. I suggest that in spite of what they say in several different places, we consider that there may be some problem, or may have been some problem due to the number of complaints about it at the time, and the comment above about "wandering results".

So, in spite of what any manufacturer says, I have to factor into things what is going on in the real world.

PE

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin