Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,222   Posts: 1,532,457   Online: 1160

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Green Tint in Fuji Crystal Archive Base

I've been using the Kodak Ektacolor ra kit and their blix to process this. For some reason, I can't figure out why my paper keeps coming out with a green base.

I've made sure that there are no problems on the dry side; my darkroom is well sealed.
    Unfortunately, I'm not sure that my problems are on the wet side either.

I mixed a new batch of each chemical, and the results were identical. What is stranger is that occasionally, I get a sheet with white whites.

I bought this paper previously owned. Even if they were exposed to light, the uniform shade in both boxes is very strange.

What could be the problem?

Shooter
    35mm
    It may just be the scans but the middle print looks less substantially less green than the first. I take it that you are saying that you cannot get rid of the green cast even by altering the magenta filtration?

It might help if you say what your filtration is and what changes you made to try and correct the green cast and explain what you mean by white whites. Do you mean that occasionally you get whites without any green cast and if so is the rest of the print colours without the green cast as well?

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have posted here before that CAII paper, released in 2006 or thereabouts, takes a different process than the old CA or Endura paper. Fuji changed the emulsions.

So, to test this, I suggest that you just rinse, blix, wash and dry a sheet or strip of your CA paper and see how green it is. If it is still green, it may be the tint of the paper, but if it is white, then the problem is either fog or the developer. If so, I suggest you change to the latest Fuji Hunt kit and process recomendations.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    PE, I wasn't aware about such a thing before.

I've processed blank strips of the paper multiple times in order to check the integrity of my darkroom, and they've all come out green. Unfortunate.

Do you know a distributor in the states that has the Fuji Hunt Press Kits? Or am I going to have to buy their >$100 minilab replenishment kits?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That dark stripe along the edge looks like fogging, maybe the envelope was opened at some time and the lights were turned on.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The fogging visible here (red) at the bottom is 100% my fault.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    IDK any distributors. Sorry. I'm not even sure that is the problem. I just know that CA II paper is now out there and does have some differences in process.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Are you processing at room temp or higher? Exactly which chems are you using, if processing at other than room temp are you using starter to mix your developer? The center print has some other coloured stains in the white border, that sort of points to a process problem. I don't see anything even between the three prints hanging in your pic, there appears to be quite a difference in the green casts, including a nice green blotch on the border of the center print.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    When I processed the fuji paper the issue was not in any base issues, but very bad crossover towards magenta, which I thought for a long time was just poor balancing of the print until I realized there was no way for me to correct it. I attributed that to the fact that I was processing at room temperature. I doubt that's the issue we're seeing here though. Nothing I got was this blatant.
    --Nicholas Andre

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    IDK any distributors. Sorry. I'm not even sure that is the problem. I just know that CA II paper is now out there and does have some differences in process.

PE
    I still doubt this. I have been working in minilab environments and when we received Fuji CAII we just needed to re balance for the new paper. No new chemistry or anything. This was using an old optical SFA with standard RA-4. Frontiers got a software update.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin