Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,496   Posts: 1,543,034   Online: 900

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Kodak Ektar 100 test shots

If anyone is interested, here is a link to some Ektar shots. The household products were metered with a gray card, no flash and a tripod was used. I shot it at 100. The other stuff I just matrix metered. The three girls were shot on an overcast Thanksgiving day and metered with a gray card.

I like the blues and yellows. I am not crazy about the red. I would use Superia Reala if I was shooting something red.

But I like Ektar a lot.

http://web.mac.com/chrisomeara/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice looking film. I'm about to test it out myself and it's waiting in my cart for me to hit the order button. I agree with you about the reds...is it just from the scan, or do the prints have the red problem too? Definately a different looking film - looks good.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The prints too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good to know. Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My reds with Ektar appear better when I print myself.
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ricksplace View Post
    My reds with Ektar appear better when I print myself.
    I agree. Digital has trouble handling reds; photo paper does not.
    --Nicholas Andre

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Maybe I will take the fire hydrant shot and have it printed again. These shots are a year old. Maybe they have had better prctice printing reds since these were done.

Shooter
    35mm
    The reds look like they've clipped, which implies a scanning or post-processing issue.

The reds in the red coat in the first shot switch between pure red and pure magenta. Is this the material?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Roger Hicks had some interesting things to say about this film (and exposing it) in a review he did a few months ago:

http://www.rogerandfrances.com/subsc...tar%20100.html

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by John Lawrence View Post
    Roger Hicks had some interesting things to say about this film (and exposing it) in a review he did a few months ago:

http://www.rogerandfrances.com/subsc...tar%20100.html
    Thanks for that I hadn't realised that Roger had done a review. Overexposure by as little as one stop does seem to be a problem and while you can desaturate in PS under the hybrid system, it would appear that you might be a bit stuck under the fully analogue RA4 route. most prints overexposed by one stop were garish to the point of being rendered unuseable for me.

A comparison with Fuji Superia or Reala 100 might have been enlightening in terms of its overexposure latitude. I suppose it comes down to how many exposure mistakes you make on an average film. Do you trade more near correct prints from one film as against superb prints but less of them from another?

pentaxuser

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin