Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,477   Online: 922

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I mixed a new set of chemicals and re-did my test with two rolls of 120 ISO 400 (Kodak 400NC) in 250mL, but this time I extended the time to
    3:45 (just to be safe).

The result was a lot better; but they had a lot of grain/noise. I'm not sure what to expect of 400NC though, since I mostly used to Fuji film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't understand how you can be having so many issues with processing C-41 film. Kodak Portra 400NC should give very fine grain for a 400 ISO film. However the type of scanner used (better discussed on Hybridphoto) can have a major effect on apparent image quality.

Tom.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    There is really only one issue in my point of view. It is an issue of developer capacity. I just developed a short strip of 400VC with 470 ml of developer. The strip is only a foot long. It came out beautifully. No hassle to scan at all. To me it has been very difficult to get a 220 negative this perfect without using as much as 850 ml or more of developer. I did this test for testing a Camerz long roll camera for a poster project for a friend's shoe store. The camera worked surprisingly well.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4038/...20626d27_o.jpg

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin