Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,548   Posts: 1,544,571   Online: 981

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Older Emulsions still available?

Hello, all.

I was just wondering, what is the oldest color film still on the market that hasn't been updated in awhile? For instance, Kodak Gold has been around awhile, but gets updated every now and then. Which color film hasn't changed in the longest time? Thank you.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Probably Ektachrome EPP, but that is just recently discontinued. I have been using it since it first came out in the early 1980's or even earlier. You can still find this on store shelves in date.

Shooter
    35mm
    I think it could be Ektachrome 64 (EPR), now only available on the Japanese market:

http://www.japanexposures.com/shop/p...roducts_id=214

This quote is from photo.net:

EPR is the oldest E6 film, both historically, and the oldest one in current production. It has been unchanged since 1976. It is the only true vintage product besides Kodachrome, in fact it is older than current Kodachrome
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Probably Ektachrome EPP, but that is just recently discontinued. I have been using it since it first came out in the early 1980's or even earlier. You can still find this on store shelves in date.
    Is this similar to Elite Chrome 100 Extra Color?

I think it could be Ektachrome 64 (EPR)
    Can this be acquired in the states?

Thanks! I'm running low on my frozen stock of older films.

Shooter
    35mm
    I think EPR can only be got in Japan. The link above is to a very reliable store that I can recommend.
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by perkeleellinen View Post
    I think EPR can only be got in Japan. The link above is to a very reliable store that I can recommend.
    Thanks for that link...some unusual films. I'm UK also, and may give it a try.

(Interesting to find that Kodak can make old and obscure films like EPR for just one country, while discontinuing other films (K64 etc) on the grounds of insufficient sales? )
    Last edited by railwayman3; 01-19-2010 at 01:41 AM. Click to view previous post history.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ilford Micrographic

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I saw the link, just doesn't seem to be available in 35mm...any places in Japan which would have this? :-\

(Interesting to find that Kodak can make old and obscure films like EPR for just one country, while discontinuing other films (K64 etc) on the grounds of insufficient sales? )
    Isn't it?

Shooter
    35mm
    You could buy it in 100' roll from the UK:

http://www.calumetphoto.co.uk/item/155-700W/
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    I was of the impression that EPR was discontinued in most markets because it was crap, and an embarrassment in the eyes of Kodak, rather than due to insufficient sales. It makes perfect sense to concentrate the sales in the better-in-every-way 100G instead.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin