Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,561   Posts: 1,545,279   Online: 773

Thread: Poor mans Blix?

Shooter
    Medium Format

Poor mans Blix?

I'm wondering if anyone has any off-the-shelf formulas that could reasonably well emulate a bleach-fix (such as RA-4). I need to remove the dye mask off of a couple of rolls of "experimentally" developed film.

Appears to consist of ammonium thiosulfate, sodium metabisulfate and disodium to mix.

Thanks!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I've tried this and the bottom line is that it's cheaper to buy the manufactured product than it is to mix the stuff. Kodak has several patents which inflate the price of one of the main ingredients. Although the bleach is expensive, it lasts a long time and can be regenerated.

The poor mans bleach can be acquired on ebay most easily for what are usually highly reduced prices. It doesn't really go bad.

If you live in NYC there's no reason why you can't take the bus to Adorama and buy it there. It's not terribly expensive. The 10 liter set of Kodak Developer and Blix costs $50 and will run 160-400 8x10 prints, which is far cheaper than printing digitally. Adorama doesn't sell the C41 film bleach so you should stick to ebay. There was a 5 gallon set on sale for $35 a while back.
    --Nicholas Andre

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin