Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,939   Posts: 1,557,414   Online: 939

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It looks great!

Though I am a little confused on what kind of chemicals you used in each stage. The only thing I am certain is CLM.1K .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    2-bath MQ developer (formulas from Brookse), stop, dye bleach with Brookse's super secret catalyst stuff , rinse, fixer (Agefix 1+5), quick rinse, quick RA-4 blix, final wash.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by hrst View Post
    2-bath MQ developer (formulas from Brookse), stop, dye bleach with Brookse's super secret catalyst stuff , rinse, fixer (Agefix 1+5), quick rinse, quick RA-4 blix, final wash.
    To further simplify the process with easy access chemicals, have you tried to replace the developer with Kodak Dektol, and replace fixer with Kodak Rapid Fixer? According to an article published 1992, someone uses Dektol 1:2 instead of Ciba developer and Rapid Fix instead of Ciba Fix, plus original Cibachrome bleach, gaining "results practically indistinguishable" from full kit of Cibachrome.

See link here:
    http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...8/ai_11882356/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Developer is of course the "easiest" part to experiment with. You can try almost anything. 1 bath, 2 bath, different agitations, metol-HQ ratios, pH, bromide and sulfite levels, hypo level or thiocyanate level...... I just started by following the one recommended to me by Brooks. He has done some experimenting, I think.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I agree with that. Replacing original chemical with home-brewed bleach is a big advance. Hope the chemicals in it is not difficult to obtain and cost effective compare with Ilford's.

I wonder what will be the result looks like if processing Ilfochrome in RA4 or even B&W process.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ilfochrome will be black in both B&W and RA4 chemistry.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks PE. Do you mean total black or a B&W image?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Totally black! No image whatsoever!

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for answering that.

I have some well expired Ilfochrome in unknown condition and try to figure a way to use up them. But sure I am not interested in buying expensive kit just for the fun of it. If there is a more cost effective alternative way to process them.

I am considering photogram or in camera negative. I don't mind color is off and actually would like to see some random color effect like cross processing. Now hrst is working out a home brewed bleach - a good news.

Thanks all for the great work, I read a lot of posts about this topic and know PE has contributed a lof on this.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The dyes need to be destroyed to get any whites, and for image forming this bleaching is related to bleaching of the negative (Silver-Dye-Bleaching).

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin