Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,297   Posts: 1,535,733   Online: 838

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    35mm
    I also like Superia (it's available even at Food Lion, occasionally) and when it comes right down to it, I will put any current brand of film and some off brands too, into my camera. I've always been pleasantly surprised, and when the pictures are crummy, I've decided that it was my fault, not the equipment or the film.

With best regards.

Stephen

Shooter
    Medium Format
    i got some superia processed at my local asda (walmart) just too if they where any good and as i have just switched too shooting film i hadnt used it before and i found that some photos had a really warm tone and some loked cross processed, although its probably them not the film anyone else had this problem, sorry if this makes no sense i havnt had much sleep over the past week due too my one week old daughter (shes our first)

thanks matthew

Shooter
    35mm
    Congratulations!!
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    Superia is great. I use it in 120 rolls, excellent quality and the price is very low.
    where are you buying it? I used to buy Superia 100 in color but I haven't been able to find it in about a year.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's horses for courses of course, Superia in all it's guises is a great all purpose film, I do find the 100 a tad too contrasty though. My choice is usually the 200, which is fine at box speed.
    When I used to shoot weddings I used 160S with it's more muted palette and better skin tones, 400H is the same here. I later switched to Portra 160 and 400, I found these films a little better at skin tones.
    Lately I have tried using Ektar 100 for landscape etc, and am finding it to be really good, need to get the exposures right though. A good compromise between the extremes of contrast is, of course, Fuji Reala....still a really great film, but I don't know how it's priced across the ditch.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fuji Reala....still a really great film, but I don't know how it's priced across the ditch.
    About $17 a roll here...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Nielsen View Post
    About $17 a roll here...
    If you can still reliably buy the stuff at any price you're in some regards ahead of us. Stateside, Reala supply is very shaky.

Shooter
    35mm
    And just for contrast, over here we have no problems getting it. 120 - £3.25, 135 - £3.15
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Leighgion View Post
    If you can still reliably buy the stuff at any price you're in some regards ahead of us. Stateside, Reala supply is very shaky.
    Yeah no worries. Pity I can't get Acros though, that's not brought in to the country at all

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin