Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,943   Posts: 1,557,603   Online: 1285

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

126 Kodachrome developing delema

I have one cartridge of 126 Kodachrome that I've shot and now I'm trying to decide if it is worth it to develop it through Dwayne's or just develop it at home as B/W film. I have no idea of how the film was stored before I got it off of ebay with a camera, so the condition is a big unknown. Any suggestions/opinions?

Michael

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    send it to dwaynes. why not?
    --Nicholas Andre

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Do you know the expiration date?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nickrapak View Post
    Do you know the expiration date?
    Not a clue. Heaven only knows how old it is.

Michael

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Black and white developing will be shotty at best. You have to remove the remjet backing in the dark with a sponge/paper towel by placing first in a remjet removal bath of sodium sulphite. You also must reversal process it to get acceptable images without yellow casts. and it's Kodachrome. If you want black and white images, there are black and white films.
    --Nicholas Andre

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I shot some 126 kchrome from the 80's a couple of years ago (in a kodak 126 slr no less), sent it to dwaynes and it turned out fine. Kind of neat square slides!! For less than 10 bucks, why not!!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaska View Post
    I shot some 126 kchrome from the 80's a couple of years ago (in a kodak 126 slr no less), sent it to dwaynes and it turned out fine. Kind of neat square slides!! For less than 10 bucks, why not!!
    if it's young enough to be process k-14, the current kodachrome process, this shouldn't be a problem as 126 has the same width as 35mm.

http://www.dwaynesphoto.com/newsite2...-126-film.html
    here, 126 format k-14 can be developed
    Last edited by bob100684; 01-28-2010 at 01:20 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: http://www.dwaynesphoto.com/newsite2006/disc-126-film.html

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaska View Post
    For less than 10 bucks, why not!!
    Even with shipping, it is only $15. For that little cash, why even bother trying to B+W process it? Send it to Dwayne's while you still can.

Shooter
    35mm
    I'd also send it to Dwaynes.

Kodachrome just wasn't designed for B&W processing, so this would be iffy at best, whereas there's a good chance that you will get something quite usable by the "proper" process. Most consumer films are quite forgiving of less-than-ideal storage conditions, it's well worth a few $ to take the chance.

Let us know how it works out.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I wouldn't send it directly, I would send it through Walmart. For me $15 is a little much to put on a wing and a prayer, but $5-6 is fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin