Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,481   Posts: 1,571,143   Online: 1164

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images

Cross-processing Velvia

One of my resolutions is to use up all the film that's been sitting in my fridge for years before I buy another single roll. I have a load of Velvia 50 120 way past it's use-by date, and at the same time an opened Fuji Hunt c41 kit that's rapidly going off.

So why not kill two birds with one stone - shoot the Velvia and cross-process it in the c41 kit.

1) Do I need to do anything different when shooting - just rate the Velvia at ISO 50?
    2) Do I need to alter the timings of any of the stages when developing C41?

Or is this not such a good idea?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I would rate it around ISO 25 (or 32) to blow out the highlights a bit and make room for some shadow detail.
    Cross processing is a helluva great thing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    get ready for greens and yellows galore .

at least from what I've found with my limited experience with Velvia(original emulsion) and velvia 50(1st, not newer emulsion)

printed on fuji CA

-Dan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    C41 also makes a good colour developer for reversal - very weird on C41 films, accurate on E6 films (tested on Astia), I've used it with Xtol as a first developer that way.

Xtol -> Re-Expose to Light -> C41 -> Bleach -> Fix.

Just to keep in mind

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin