Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,261   Online: 994

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

RA-4 chemicals in Canada

Anyone knows where I could get chemicals for RA-4 in Canada. I usually buy my stuff from Feestyle in the US or from Darkroom Central in Canada. RA-4 from freestyle is not an option since it is ORMD, they can`t ship to Canada. Darkroom Central does not list any RA-4 chemicals on their website.

I thought about sending an email to Darkroom Central, but maybe someone here knows the answer or have another suggestion.

Thanks
    - Note to self: Next time processing a film, take notice of the shape of the beer bottle and the shape of the fixer bottle, and note the differences. -

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes they do, look under Paper - Colour

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thank you very much, do not know how I missed it. Thanks again !!!
    - Note to self: Next time processing a film, take notice of the shape of the beer bottle and the shape of the fixer bottle, and note the differences. -

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have had good luck with Mondrian Hall. They were willing to sell to a cash account, and then I paid on my mastercard on pickup. You do have to make it worth thier while though. I went in for about $250-300 when I bought there. Now I deal though a small photofinisher, and order from the Kodak Catalog. I wait til he has something he needs, and we pro-rata on the delivery charge.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One problem with the 10 liter blix and dev kits is Kodak packs four of them in one box. Mondrian Hall won't break them up and repackage.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    You can order from both LLauzeau and Photo Service. The products I use are:

Flexicolor C-41 SM Tank Dev (2 l), 175 6337
    Flexicolor C-41 SM Tank Bleach (2.7 l), 882-4690
    Flexicolor C-41 SM Tank Fixer (3.9 l), 846-2681
    Flexicolor wash aid (1.5 l), 192-5254

I'm begining to get frustrated with LLauzeau. When I ask for chemicals, they first reply "I don't think it has been discontinued yet"!! Then they make me wait 2-4 weeks for the products. I went to Photo Service yesterday. They had a lot more inventory (chemicals, paper, film, supplies) than LLauzeau, and they could get the RA4 and C-41 chemicals in a week.

Let me know how it goes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Henrys in Toronto is now selling RA-4 chemicals online.They sell the paper too.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks Pasto. I never thought of Photo Service. I will probably give them a try. LLauzau is not really my kind of place. Sellers look at you like if you were bothering them (except if you want to buy the latest digicrap at $4000.00), they have reduce their traditionnal department to almost nothing and the couples of time I went there to have some E6 films processed, their service was below the average. I will keep you posted with Photo Service.

Stew, I visited the new website of Henry's and saw their options for RA-4 (it was almost nonexistent on their old website) . I will probably give them a try also, normally their shipping fees are low and often they have free shipping promotion. I bought from them a couple of times (others than RA-4) and the experience was nice.

Thanks all !!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Whenever I get to Toronto, I usually visit Henry's and Downtown Camera. Last visit, neither store had Supra Endura in 11X14. The guy @ Downtown Camera phoned around for me, found a shop that had some fresh stock, then drew me a map how to get there. Gotta love that customer service. Might be worth a phone call.
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin