Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,840   Posts: 1,582,528   Online: 990

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Labs still running Optical Minilabs?

Hi Guys- I was wondering what labs out there are still running optical minilabs. (I mean ones that the film is directly put to the paper with no scanning involved) The only one I know of is Blue Moon camera and machine and I haven't tried them out yet. Thanks.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Optical minilabs are really a thing of the past. The last one in my area closed down about two years ago, and the quality was inferior to scan & print. The problem is that most optical minilabs used low-quality glass (compared to enlargers), and the glass was not regularly cleaned. I have heard that Blue Moon does an excellent job, but most remaining optical minilabs will be inferior to a Noritsu or Frontier print.

*note: This does not apply to hand-printed optical enlargements. These are still far better than scanning, IMHO.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Blue moon prints on Mitsubishi paper which I find interesting. I have to shoot some neg to send to them because I don't work with a lot of Portra. I would like to send them some Ektar too.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Medium Format

Shooter
    Medium Format

Optical still going strong in SD.

First Photo in Rapid City. Still doing film using AGFA MSC200s. In house Ektachrome processing also. Owned by famous Bill Grothe, photographer of the Black Hills, Rushmore, Deadwood, Keystone Etc......
    Gun Control is like: Reducing drunk driving by making it harder for SOBER people to buy cars.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin