Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,985   Posts: 1,523,969   Online: 842

CuS

Shooter
    35mm

Kodak E-6 - 5 liter Kit

Hello,

I'm shooting chrome film like crazy and I've ready to delve into home E-6 processing!

I've got the equipment and the mechanics nailed down but now I just have to source the chemistry.

I've settled on the Kodak E-6 (5L) kit, but many of the typical suppliers seem to have really low stocks (or "unavailable at this time").

I'm in the US - can one of the US, E-6 home processors give me a line on a good and reliable supplier?

Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Find a local non-chain photo supply shop and ask them if they could special order for you Kodak item 1077643. Alternatively, adorama.com has it in stock for $58.50 + $15s/h. I personally ordered from a local shop (Pro Photo supply) who special ordered it for me from Kodak. Looking back, it would be quicker to get it from adorama, but I prefer to give business to my local shops whenever possible.

CuS

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Anikin - i'll order through my local shop

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Adorama usually has the 5 Liter kit- and probably cheaper than your local shop even with shipping.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In my case it was $59.99 from local pro photo vs $58.50 + $15s/h from Adorama. But, I agree with domaz,
    check the prices before ordering, difference might be significant.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Got mine from Ado.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have special ordered mine from Samy's (which is now a regional "chain"), but I can usually get it off the shelf from Freestyle (which is not a chain). I have never had to deal with getting it shipped directly to me. It is $49.99 from both places (plus tax, of course).
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Freestyle carries Kodak chemicals for E6??? I've never seen them on the website...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They are there on the shelf every time I go in. If you ever need something that is not on their Website, call them and ask for it. They may have it in stock, or may be able to get it.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I ordered my kit from Calumet via Amazon.com back in November. It's listed as unvailable now, probably because it was only $8 shipping (about half what they would have charged had I ordered it from their web site).

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin