Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,578   Posts: 1,545,732   Online: 940

Page 1 of 15 123456711 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Ektar 100 in LF sizes - can it be true?

Just saw this:

Kodak has just announced the upcoming launch of Kodak Ektar 100 - the world’s finest-grained colour negative film emulsion available today - in 4x5” and 8x10” sheet formats. Since its introduction in September 2008, the Ektar 100 family of films has won numerous industry awards, including the Technical Image Press Association (TIPA) award (2009), Professional Photographers’ Hot One Award (2009, 2010) and American Photo Editor’s Choice Award (2009). “Large-format photographers, such as landscape and fine-art photographers, will love the impact and flexibility that Ekatr 100 brings. It’s the ideal choice for creating high magnification enlargements for commercial display, while preserving even the finest detail,” said Lars Fiedler, Marketing Manager Film Capture. “Introducing EKTAR 100 Film in 4x5 and 8x10 further continues our commitment to providing photographers with high quality, relevant films that support a broad segment of the market.” The new Kodak Ektar Film in 4x5 and 8x10 sheets formats will be available worldwide beginning in April 2010.
    Here: http://www.photographyblog.com/news/...00_sheet_film/

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    (Yeah, but what have the romans ever done for us?)

This is brilliant news. I just hope people get out there and use it. It's all well and good to petition, but now they're making it we better be sure to buy it.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm not sure if I quite believe it yet as this is the only mention of it I can find. I couldn't find anything on Kodak's website.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    First thought - I'm already happy with Portra in 4x5 & have little to no interest in trying any new emulsion.
    Second thought - I hope this doesn't mean they're going to discontinue Porta & replace it with Ektar in large format.

Shooter
    35mm
    So, that's the new product Scott DiSabato was talking about in the latest interview.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hrm, and where is 5x7/13x18cm?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by werra View Post
    Hrm, and where is 5x7/13x18cm?
    How many C41 films are out there in 5x7, except Portra 160NC?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Ektar 100 is a beautiful film. When Kodak was handing out free samples in 35mm a couple of years ago at PhotoPlus, I asked if it would eventually be made available in larger formats, and the representative said they were testing it in rollfilm and sheet sizes--

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum56/5...tml#post698160

Glad to see they'll be coming through with the product!
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    Glad to see they'll be coming through with the product!

I agree but it would be nice to see an official announcement.

Steve.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I'm really hoping this is true and it will be out just in time for spring. Of course the April date makes me fear that PB is working on some long, drawn out April Fools joke.

Neal Wydra

Page 1 of 15 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin