Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,920   Posts: 1,522,070   Online: 795

Shooter
    Multi Format

Provia-III ISO100 rated at 400 has magenta cast

Folks,

I shot a role of Provia indoors, rated 2 stops above its rated speed. The lighting was daylight with no tungsten lighting turned on. When I had it developed a couple of days ago, I got them back with a Magenta cast. I had notified the lab that I had exposed it 2 stops over the rated speed and while the exposure seems to be "spot on", there is a magenta cast on the roll.
    I'd like to know if anyone else has experienced this, is it the film, me or the lab?

Thanks in advance!
    Shesh
    Cheers, Shesh

Not to know what happened before one was born is always to be a child - Cicero

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds like the lab was using exhausted or near exhausted chemicals.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Shesh,

it is not unusual that a pushed slide film gets a cast. I have never pushed RDPIII 2 stops, but had similar effects with other films. You can't blame the lab for that, because every film behaves different in the push-process (which is non-standard) and color adjustments can only be done with ph-changes of the CD-bath, which would affect all other films as well. Only self-processing gives you full control over the material you know.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin