Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,921   Posts: 1,556,585   Online: 1193

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    When you said "tank", were you talking about a hand inversion tank?

How sloppy = sloppy? Are you sure most people are sloppy? I am very neat, myself.
    Any process with a prewet that may allow carryover of water into the developer by bad technique.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by hrst View Post
    Unmixed concentrates can keep better than you might think. If you are worried, you can put the concentrates for the developer to a refrigerator. According to my experience, it will last even a year that way.
    Which of the Kodak C-41 concentrates goes bad after opening?

I just checked the old 5 gallon concentrates with the new one I just purchased. With the exception of Part C, the color of the cemistry is the same. Part C, however, has turned a shade of light amber and a black residue forms around the caps thread. Would keeping Part C in the refrigerator after opening delay the oxidation?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Part B of the color developer. If it is darker than Tea, then it is probably bad.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Part B of the color developer. If it is darker than Tea, then it is probably bad.

PE
    Ron,

Are you sure it's Part B and not Part C? I just rececked my bottles and only Part C has undergone a color shift - from a light yellow to a light amber. Also a black residue forms on the outside of Part C's cap threads upon opening.
    Would refrigeration retard oxidation?

Thanks,

Thomas

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tom;

Thanks for the catch!!!!!

For C-41 it is part C. For RA it is part B. In my C41 kits, part C is in glass bottles for extra protection.

Sorry for the error.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am also interested in what Tom asked, "Would refrigeration retard oxidation?"
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Refrigeration may depending on container, but you run the risk of crystals forming or the developing agent forming an oil suspended as droplets in the developer. If either takes place you will have a difficult time redissolving the oil and/or crystals.

Color developing agents have limited solubility in water or alkali. Reduce the temperature and they come out of solution very easily at pH 10.1

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wclark5179 View Post
    Just a thought to possibly help.... I use this kit from Freestyle & I see the instructions are in pdf. Perhaps they could serve as a guide to help.

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/pdf/AristaC41.pdf

Welcome to APUG!
    Is that Chinese? :rolleyes:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin