Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,872   Posts: 1,520,116   Online: 872

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    I just got the prints back and I must say I am amazed!!! I only have a couple of real optical color prints and I guess I forgot just how amazing they look! I am now doing all my color on C-41 and going through Blue Moon! They are OUTSTANDING!!!!!! They even put the negatives in PrintFile sleves instead of some cheapo thing. I HIGHLY reccomend sending some film their way!
    I don't do a lot of color except for wedding stuff now and then but the few times I have taken my rolls of color to Blue Moon I was like you. I had forgotten how much better optical prints look than digital prints. They really did seem to me more natural looking.
    Dennis

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    It is sad that other retailers can get away with foisting off vastly inferior digital (or whatever they are) prints on the public. It just seems so dishonest. If the other guys are going to sell me crappy prints, they should charge me MUCH LESS than Blue Moon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Denis R View Post
    all text and no examples is very dull
    I'll make some scans tomorrow night. The best way to see the real quality is to try it....My scanner is not amazing.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I thought about getting some Ektar for my Mamiya, but I had no idea who to send it to...I guess I do now.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I most certainly will try Blue Moon Camera! Only problem is, I shoot such little C41 these days...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by marylandphoto View Post
    Only problem is, I shoot such little C41 these days...
    I totally get that. Until now I have been all E-6 for color and lots of black and white. I figured out that color optical prints were so amazing and were so expensive from E-6, I have become a purist having everything printed optically......Just for the record they print black and white too.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin