Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,832   Posts: 1,582,324   Online: 987

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Has anyone used Blue Moon Camera?

Hi Guys- I am shooting more color neg now and I want to get everything done optically. I found Blue Moon Camera and Machine http://www.bluemooncamera.com/ and they do all optical work from film. They don't even have a digital machine () I was wondering if anyone has used them. They are using Misubishi paper which I have never heard of.

Thanks,
    Patrick
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have just ordered some Minox film from them, they were very quick and helpful online, haven't received the film yet but I get a good vibe. The optical printing sounds good, will also be interested in anyone's experience with that.
    When I was in the lab business, Mitsubishi was always a cheaper alternative to Kodak and Fuji, they are a big player, especially in Japan, and I can see no reason why the paper wouldn't be good.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I get a good vibe after talking to them too. They told me that they have used the Kodak and Fuji but found that for optical printing the Mitsubishi paper worked out better.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Goose Nest (near Martinsburg), West Virginia
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I live near Portland, and often frequent Blue Moon -- mostly for equipment, but occasionally for processing. They are really good folks, and know their stuff.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    spoke with them on the phone a few weeks ago,
    they are an apug sponsor and if you haven't been to
    and seems like one of the coolest places ...
    ( makes me wish i lived near portland! )
    they sell typewriters too

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Heck yes. Jake (the owner of the place) is a great guy. Knowlegable and interesting to talk to. His staff are great photographers in their own right. They do great work with developing and printing. If you want an old manual typewriter, Jake is your man.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I have used them and I know some of them as they are in my neighborhood. I like the optical printing they do and they try to do a good job of it. They are all dedicated to the love of analog. The owner shoots 8x10. Give them your work, they deserve to be supported.
    Dennis, in North Portland

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I ordered something from them a year ago; they were pretty awesome. Sent me a detailed, full-resolution picture of the item I was interested in (I didn't even ask for it) for me to look over before making the deal. Shipped really fast. I can definitely recommend them, and if I'm ever in portland I'm going to stop by.
    The universe is a haunted house. -Coil

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've used them (online and phone orders from Maryland) and have been pleased and impressed. Highly recommended!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I didn't think Mitsubishi was in the photo paper business anymore.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin