Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,948   Posts: 1,557,856   Online: 798

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format

Inexpensive processing

I posted on the regional CA board (emphasis on San Francisco, CA) about places to process 4x5 film, both in color and b&w. I got some responses and started calling them about prices. I found out that all of them charge $3 per sheet for processing only. This does not include making prints. So I started thinking that maybe there were places online (I mean no store per se) that one could send his negatives to for processing at a more affordable rate? Does such a thing exists? Or any place that will take negatives from anywhere (or at least the US) for processing? Does this exists or am I just dreaming? Thank you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    did you check out the Samy's 805 website?

unless they haven't updated their website(very unlikely), the prices are still the same as what is posted there

$1.50/ sheet for 4x5 E-6 dip-n-dunk
    $1.70/ sheet for 4x5 c-41 dip-n-dunk

b/w is like $3-4/sheet done in jobo

browse the WHOLE site below, not just the page directed here

http://www.samys805.com/film-processing/

-Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Daniel is correct, we at Samys process E6 and C41 the prices on our website are current. http://www.samys805.com/

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I checked out your website and am happy to see such a motivated film processing place still around! The price list shows develop-only 35mm E6, but is there a price for mounted 35mm E6?

Thanks,
    Duncan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Duncan, for mail-in orders the price is the same for develop only and mounted 35mm E6, you just pay shipping. I hope that you will try us.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dip-N-Dunk, eh? Nice price...seriously! Worth the drive from L.A. with the number of sheets I have right now. (I assume I can drop off at the Santa Barbara retail location, correct?)

How much for push/pull on E-6, and what increments can you do?
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    http://www.samys805.com/film-processing/

Doesn't say how big the increments are, though...
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks, Thomas. Just trying to keep Samy's involved in the thread. It is a great service at a great price, and it is great that they have an APUG presence to help advertise it.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    Dip-N-Dunk, eh? Nice price...seriously! Worth the drive from L.A. with the number of sheets I have right now. (I assume I can drop off at the Santa Barbara retail location, correct?)

How much for push/pull on E-6, and what increments can you do?

send it to them via mail. there's downloadable e-6 and c-41 forms on the website.

or you could spend a nice day driving it up to them

-Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the tip, Daniel...seriously! This will save me hundreds of dollars over going to A ad I, and allow me to get my processing done SOON.
    2F/2F

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin