Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,960   Posts: 1,523,074   Online: 1016

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Here is a pic of the box

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This reminds of a thread some months ago about a maskless CN-film surprisingly loosing its mask after special processing. So far as I remember that enigma has not been solved yet.

It was you Athiril that brought up that issue. So, was it this film it was about?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I remember when processing colour reversals on C41 film with Xtol (mostly Fuji at the time iirc), that I would get very pale bases (C41 as CD). Rodinal colour reversals (C41 as CD) would give the full orange mask like a neg, but with a positive image.

Atm, all my Xtol and Rodinal reversals fail as Ive been trying ways to run them cold, they both end up as opaque film, they seem to work hot though (38-40c).

Seems Ascorbic Acids likes to change base colour.. I took some sensia that was lab developed that had clear areas and bathed it in ascorbic acid.. ended up changing to a yellowish base. Weird.

My Reala that I xpro'ed using a modified E6 first dev recipe (bromide and iodide replaced with benzotriazole, metol replaced with paracetamol gram for gram (then hydrolysis to aminophenol) and some added ascorbate gave me a pale masked positive... when corrected looks like this.

The density and mask colour of C41 seem all over the place.. affected by both first developer and whether using E6 CD or C41 as the colour developer.

Though results for the same process are generally consistent across different films, so I dont think the neutral base is a result of processing, that would be some odds. The others are all quite green.

Edit: One more thing, when I bulk loaded 10exp and tried to cold process it with Rodinal as a first dev for xpro to positive.. opaque with no image, 36exp? Same process? Slightly less opaque real dense base with a very very thin positive image in there. Odd.

I specifically bought the bulk loader and film as it was on special so I'd stop wasting so much film chasing this cold process reversal dream.

I'm going to try one more thing... pre-wash/rinse in 40c water for 10min, and see if that makes a difference or not.

Otherwise next test will have to be Rodinal @ 38c again.
    Last edited by Athiril; 02-26-2010 at 09:41 AM. Click to view previous post history.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In case you still have some unprocessed film of that brand, just fix it out to see whether there is a mask in the beginning.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Unfortunately I dont, I wish I did, but I used it on developing experiments, since it was 50 cents a roll, I'll scour the op shops again, or try and see if I can get someone to send me some of it from Europe if there is any and try that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Kompressor, in this little gallery (still growing) there are several shots on the digibase, you'll be able to tell which from the colour rendition. Most were shot in 645 format. Originally I took up interest in the digibase for a "pos or neg" project, but after I shot some test rolls while working on this other project, I liked the uncorrected, muted and slightly shifted non-literal colours for the interiors. So I think you might get the idea of why I used three totally different colour films for different scenes... (to hell with colour-palette consistency!) but, it's still very much a work in progress.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin