Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,817   Online: 1158

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Damn it was great!

I tested Rollei Digibase C41 chemistry today. Bes C41 negs i have ever seen. But my problem is, the seller ( macodirect.de) didnt supply me with a capacity note. I dint buy kit but the 1 litre bottles of colour dev. a b c and starter. Bleach, fix and stab.

Anyone have an idea of the capasity og 1 litre working solution of Rollei Digibase C41 dev, bleach, fix, stab?

I ave asked the seller in an email, but didnt get an answer, so i mixed up and did 12 120 films. That came out great. But im very unsure how many films the 3 baths can take.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Glad you had a good experience with it. I did not and it may be because they were lab dev'ed. Next time through I will do it myself. I *love* the maskless negs, but... even in 120 format, the film was very grainy for the speed (I rated it at 200). I was disappointed with grain. The colours were cool though.

RE: capacity, why not just guess based on a comparable speed film. Shouldn't be very different.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is this the info you're after?

http://macodirect.de/rollei-digibase...lm-p-1965.html

CAPACITY:
    The color developer, working solution, example 250ml: One can at least process 3 films in a approach of 250ml. This requires a rapid processing (within 6 hours) ahead. Between the working steps, the solutions should be sealed and protected from air carriers.
    The bleaching bath, ready-made solution, 250ml example: One can process at least 8 films in a approach of 250ml. The little use solution should be kept in well-sealed bottles for several weeks.
    The stabilizing bath, ready-made solution, example 250ml: One can at least process 12 films in a approach of 250ml. The littel use solution, can be kept in well-sealed bottles for several weeks.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've had one colour neg come out with a clear base... surprisingly (or un) it's a 200 speed german colour negative.. probably a supermarket film.. Paradies Fotowelt... I'm unaware of other German colour film makers, so must be the same stuff, was a few years expired.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff L View Post
    Is this the info you're after?

http://macodirect.de/rollei-digibase...lm-p-1965.html

CAPACITY:
    The color developer, working solution, example 250ml: One can at least process 3 films in a approach of 250ml. This requires a rapid processing (within 6 hours) ahead. Between the working steps, the solutions should be sealed and protected from air carriers.
    The bleaching bath, ready-made solution, 250ml example: One can process at least 8 films in a approach of 250ml. The little use solution should be kept in well-sealed bottles for several weeks.
    The stabilizing bath, ready-made solution, example 250ml: One can at least process 12 films in a approach of 250ml. The littel use solution, can be kept in well-sealed bottles for several weeks.
    Yes, but can you see why im so confused

In the PDF the capasity is 3 films and in on the page where the PDF link is, its up to 40 films.

http://macodirect.de/rollei-digibase...0135c0c543e98c

Just see the link folks and see if you can help out

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My reading of that page is that the 40 films is for the 200ml of concentrate, and the 3 films is for the 250mL working solution. So, 1l of working solution should therefore be able to process 12 rolls of film. The actual capacity would depend on how much of the film is exposed etc but I wouldn't risk going past their recommendations.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David Grenet View Post
    My reading of that page is that the 40 films is for the 200ml of concentrate, and the 3 films is for the 250mL working solution. So, 1l of working solution should therefore be able to process 12 rolls of film. The actual capacity would depend on how much of the film is exposed etc but I wouldn't risk going past their recommendations.
    Okay, and thats for the developer. But for bleach and fix, i cant find any more info. It says just the same. And bleach, fix and dev has different capacity, as far as i have experienced. Right?

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Athiril View Post
    I've had one colour neg come out with a clear base... surprisingly (or un) it's a 200 speed german colour negative.. probably a supermarket film.. Paradies Fotowelt... I'm unaware of other German colour film makers, so must be the same stuff, was a few years expired.
    There is no german manufacturer coating colour film at the moment.
    "Paradies Fotowelt" is just a privat label.

There are only three maskless CN films manufactured at the moment. The only brand that offers a maskless CN in consumer sizes is Rollei (Digibase).

That such a film would be offered under private label, would be a surprise to me.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well its maskless and expired Paradies Fotowelt, 200 speed.

Between the frame numbers is ISO200/24°-Y, the frame number after that is 6574-40 15R

Most negs using my process (Rodinal, Fix, Bleach, E6 CD, Bleach, Fix) come out with a green base, this came out with a neutral base very close to clear, I would call it clear, but I've had b&w with clearer base, all colours strongly visible.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you for that correction!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin