Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,894   Online: 1110

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Pulling Velvia

Here is a comparison; Velvia 50 1) shot and developed normally and 2) overexposed a stop and pulled FD -2min.

You can see that the process actually increases highlight detail.

Shadow density is about the same because this is fresh material with no fog. If there was fog, it would decrease in pulling but I don't have examples scanned.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NORMI40.jpg   PULLI20.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hrst View Post

Of course, too much overexposure will make muddy whites, even if pulling, that's why I wouldn't recommend 12 ISO as recommended by Athiril.
    Well that'd be right for fresh film, if it is run by a lab/standard process.

If it's lost a stop of sensitivity, EI12 with 1 stop lab/standard process pull (developing time) should be good though I think.

But if you are doing your own, I suggest you try it sometime with fresh film by a way of other than decreasing developing time, ie: I'd suggest diluting first dev, or possibly adding extra restrainer.

If you mix your own, you can also increase hydroquinone to phenidone/metol ratio for more contrast.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well, I hauled the box out and it is Fujichrome 50D and 64T and not Velvia. I have a few other things going at the moment, but will test it shortly. Thanks for the advice. JohnW

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin