Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,331   Posts: 1,537,218   Online: 875

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Ektacolor 160 "new and improved"

Not so long ago, bought a 10 pack of Ektacolor 160 (2x5 packs) in 120 off ebay for about $33 AUD including shipping since it was so cheap.

It's fresh and expires in 2011 in September.

The box says "New and Improved" in the corner, Ektacolor 160 on the front, film is in a black and gold wrapped with "Kodak Pro 160" written on it, once developed it says "Kodak Pro 160" on the emulsion.

It can be a pita to load onto plastic 120 reels when dry, easier when both reel and film is wet.

I think it has nasty reciprocity when I used it for a colour sky post-sunset with lovely pinks and reds and purples - they came out neutral and blue, the lovely colours were non-existant and was like a bland overcast shot.

Is this Portra or is this it's own emulsion?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I hate to revive an old thread...but I've been wondering the same thing.

Shooter
    35mm
    The Ektacolor name has not been used for a color print film in the U.S. for some time. if your film is marked New And Improved it is probably the current version of Portra. Whether it is NC or VC I don't know. Both are very good films.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have you had a chance to shoot any yet?
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    yeah i shot some nudes on a roll, the others i did of the few second exposure of post-sunset were dev'ed in rodinal first dev, fix, bleach, e6 cd as a colour neg.. so look will be different... ill try to put a roll through normal c41 process when i get home in a week

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin