Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,522   Posts: 1,543,799   Online: 771

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    I have always shot Kodak films at box speed and I have gotten very good results.
    Whether it is Kodak or Fuji has nothing to do with it. You will get the same results rating Fuji film at box speed.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    thanks for all your comments everyone.....very helpful!!!!!!!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    Whether it is Kodak or Fuji has nothing to do with it. You will get the same results rating Fuji film at box speed.
    Well I can only say that I know that Kodak's work best at box speed because I shoot them frequently.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sperera View Post
    ...so I'm liking Portra 160NC big time (for shooting fashion/portraiture) and was wondering how many people concurred on how to shoot the film...any tips and tendencies and nuances you can comment on would be welcome.....so far only shot it at box speed with good results in my opinion....
    If you like 160NC, you ought to try 400NC—particularly if you are shooting medium format. It is so good that I saw little reason to use 160NC in 6x7.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How many of you think that those shooting Fuji 160c and 160s will convert to Portra 160NC and 160VC, rather than going digital?
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think its more of a rate at 125 asa film based on everything ive got back so far.....i'll be doing some tests

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzy View Post
    If you like 160NC, you ought to try 400NC—particularly if you are shooting medium format. It is so good that I saw little reason to use 160NC in 6x7.
    im take you up on that and gonna order some 400NC

Shooter
    35mm
    How many of you think that those shooting Fuji 160c and 160s will convert to Portra 160NC and 160VC, rather than going digital?
    Portra for me. Although as someone has said elsewhere, most of the magic of colour negative for me is in an optically enlarged RA4 done in my darkroom, otherwise I will need a decent scanner, a printer and associated inks -- which would be incurred going digital (apart from the scanner) too, which is why I am bummed out about 160S and 800Z disappearing. 400H is superb so at least that's still here.

I tended to use Fuji because it just seemed more neutral to me, and a bit grittier, where as even Kodak NC has its warmth which whilst lovely, sometimes I want toned down.

In 2-3 years time, this may have to change but it'll be very reluctant as I just don't want to do the whole processing on the computer and printing at home. It's very good quality but it's not cheap and it's yet more time in front of a computer!

Vicky

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I usually shoot all my color print film including 160NC with one stop extra exposure. I understand and appriciate the rated speed is what the manufacturer recommends, but I like the comfort of a little extra density in my negatives. It was what I was taught in school. My instructors believed it was better to have good density (not bulletproof) as to risk having negatives that were too thin. I suppose that may be nitpicky, but I think they were right. I love 160NC BTW. Great film!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Most.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin