Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,878   Posts: 1,520,320   Online: 1206

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    ....a good buddy just told me to do exactly the same.....shot it one stop overexposed to cram more detail into it so its exactly what you're saying too.....

Quote Originally Posted by Wilcoxson, David L. View Post
    I usually shoot all my color print film including 160NC with one stop extra exposure. I understand and appriciate the rated speed is what the manufacturer recommends, but I like the comfort of a little extra density in my negatives. It was what I was taught in school. My instructors believed it was better to have good density (not bulletproof) as to risk having negatives that were too thin. I suppose that may be nitpicky, but I think they were right. I love 160NC BTW. Great film!

Images
    I rate it at 125 unless it is a sunny day and I am out of the shade, Then box speed. I like the little extra snap of a little over exposure.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    160NC is one of the most used films for your application. It is quite forgiving, gives gorgeous color, and scans extremely well.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    Most.
    I sure hope you're right. If it results in a more-viable Kodak C-41 line as the backbone of a right-sized color-film industry, then maybe it could be a blessing in disguise.

Someone mentioned how good the 400 speed Portras are; I'd have to agree completely. I have shot a lot of FC 160S; it seems like a nice intermediate choice between the best of the two 160 Portras. So even before FC 160S's demise, I was thinking of transitioning to 400-speed Portras for all my color work, with maybe the occasional roll of 160S.

But now, it's more likely that I'll stick with the 400 Portras, and give up very little in doing so, with Ektar for low-speed applications.
    Michael Sebastian
    Website | Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeSeb View Post
    I sure hope you're right. If it results in a more-viable Kodak C-41 line as the backbone of a right-sized color-film industry, then maybe it could be a blessing in disguise.

Someone mentioned how good the 400 speed Portras are; I'd have to agree completely. I have shot a lot of FC 160S; it seems like a nice intermediate choice between the best of the two 160 Portras. So even before FC 160S's demise, I was thinking of transitioning to 400-speed Portras for all my color work, with maybe the occasional roll of 160S.

But now, it's more likely that I'll stick with the 400 Portras, and give up very little in doing so, with Ektar for low-speed applications.
    My logic was that anyone who is still "bothering" (:rolleyes to shoot film at this point is not going to give it up just because one company stops making it, when there is a comparable product made by another company.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    job done and the tones are beautiful...

Shooter
    Medium Format

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Here are some Portra 160NC work i did last week.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fashion01.jpg   fashion02.jpg   fashion04.jpg   fashion07.jpg   fashion09.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    two more
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fashion10.jpg   fashion13.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sperera View Post
    job done and the tones are beautiful...
    So at box? 1-over?
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin