Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,197   Posts: 1,531,429   Online: 843

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: fuji or kodak?

Shooter
    35mm
    I thought it was discontinued in sheets as well as rolls and is to be replaced with a new paper optimised for digital printing.

Tempted to go back and edit my post now so as I'm not spreading false information.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Anon Ymous View Post
    So, they made a replacement for Supra Endura, optimised for digital printing, but it will still be coated just for sheets? Am I the only one who finds it strange?
    Users of paper in sheets and in rolls are not the same.
    I don't know whether you are the only one who finds it strange that different market segments are served differently, but i certainly don't.

Shooter
    35mm
    My apologies for falsely claiming discontinuance. I've edited my original post.
    Steve.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I spoke with the VP of the division of Kodak that produces the paper about Endura about 3 months ago when they announced the discontinuation. It is no longer available in rolls at all. It is available in sheets until stock runs out, then it is gone. Supra Endura VC is the replacement product and it will only be available in rolls, not sheets. It has slightly more contrast and a slight color balance difference than traditional Endura that was made for optical printing.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Try here:

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/profe...20/13431/13496

Ultra Endura is available in sheet form.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sounds reasonable to me: Supra Endura is available in sheets for us small-quantity optical printers and the newer, higher-contrast, designed-for-lightjet stuff ("VC") is available on rolls for commercial use in minilabs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, but Supra Endura was first announced as discontinued in both sheets and rolls. Then Kodak announced there will be sheets available until the stock is over, and changed the announcement wording in datasheet. I hope I remember it correctly. You can search the discussions here and you can find Kodak's answer to the question. IIRC, Supra Endura sheets will also be discontinued when the stock ends. According to Kodak, that was expected to happen during this year.

So, when it's over, it's over. Buy it now while you can! It's cheap and it keeps well for years if you freeze it. And maybe if you buy it enough, they'll consider making some more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin