Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,214   Posts: 1,659,480   Online: 876

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    otnay vishelvay,
    iglatinpay ...

don't want istermay ooooglegay
    to ickpay upay all my igitalday-sakspay ...
    It's almost St. Patrick's Day. We'll give you a break this time around.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Anon Ymous View Post
    You're not alone brother! I once tried to find pictures taken with E100G and there was a huge amount of xprocessed stuff (shot with Holgas), but only a few normal shots. All that catchy stuff... But as you say, if they use film, I can't really complain.
    Indeed. But well, they are using film. That's money for the manufacturers, while it's not expired, of course.
    It is a bit annoying when you want "Normal" examples of a film. I wanted to see Fuji sensia pictures and in 6 pages; I found less than 10 non X-pro and such stuff.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    For film examples, the best groups I've found are the "I shoot ____ film". There's one for Kodak, Ilford, and Fuji. Probably others too. Sure, you have to look at a bunch of photos to average out the extremes and get a sense of what they might be like, but it seems to work.

Scanner variability has a lot to do with it too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Prest_400 View Post
    That's money for the manufacturers, while it's not expired, of course.
    It's revenue for the manufacturers, regardless — just revenue realized during the past, that's all. Left-overs from the past — in-date, short-date, or expired — are a consequence of over-producing as much as a dependency upon unfocussed, but traditional distribution methodologies.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    lofi and cross-processing seems to be a big thing on flickr due to a bunch of people using lomos, but there are plenty of fairly straight shots if you look carefully. Hell, look me up; I have a bunch of Velvia, Provia, Acros, Pan-F, SFX200, etc posted.

At least flickr doesn't auto-adjust your images - if you're ever foolish enough to post an image to facebook, their software will auto-level your photo and destroy it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    At least flickr doesn't auto-adjust your images - if you're ever foolish enough to post an image to facebook, their software will auto-level your photo and destroy it.
    I tried that once, wondered what the hell was going on. Luckily there are applications like Flickr Tab that get around the problem.

In the past I've tried to use Flickr as a way of scouting out some locations that I know are well photographed. I think that the range of standards found from such searches just go to show that technology is both a blessing and a curse.
    Rhys

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin