Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,296   Posts: 1,535,709   Online: 900

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    PM sent!
    Also just for the sake of completeness, if you would rather use the phone, this is the man and the line to talk to:
    Peter V.
    Kodak Professional Technical Support
    800-242-2424 ext. 19
    Best of luck, hope it goes through for you.
    Jed
    Last edited by Jedidiah Smith; 03-18-2010 at 01:54 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: iPhone !!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I suggest contacting Dwayne's. Their website has their phone number and email address. From past experience, it's not the mailer that's important, it's what's on the cartridge. You should have no problem. What I don't know is if you can send it directly or need to send it through another address.

Little known fact:
    Most people don't know that Kodak could have sold prepaid Kodachrome in the US for the last 15 years they sold it. In 1994, due to changes in Kodak's market share and amount of competition, the 1954 decree prohibiting Kodak from selling prepaid processing in the US and the 1921 decree prohibiting Kodak from selling Kodak film under private labels in the US, were both terminated.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    Little known fact:
    Most people don't know that Kodak could have sold prepaid Kodachrome in the US for the last 15 years they sold it. In 1994, due to changes in Kodak's market share and amount of competition, the 1954 decree prohibiting Kodak from selling prepaid processing in the US and the 1921 decree prohibiting Kodak from selling Kodak film under private labels in the US, were both terminated.
    Photo Engineer, is this true?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm not PE, but it is true.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    May I call you PEKing, Matt? O: )

(sorry, I seriously had trouble resisting that . . . for about three seconds)

Still, add that tidbit of knowledge as an exhibit for the Kodachrome Sabotage Case File. :P

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here is a summary of the 1994 case: US v. Eastman Kodak Co., 63 F.3d 95 (2nd Cir. 1994)

Shooter
    Multi Format

Now we're O/T. My fault.

Quote Originally Posted by nickrapak View Post
    Here is a summary of the 1994 case: US v. Eastman Kodak Co., 63 F.3d 95 (2nd Cir. 1994)
    I like this: ". . . the district court having found that the purposes of both consent decrees had been achieved and that termination of the decrees would benefit consumers."

That's great. I can almost see it: "Let's spend several tens of thousands in court to fight it and, now that we won our case, sit on our hands and implement nothing reflecting that favourable court decision."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, I suppose a quick update is in order:

I heard back from both Peter at Kodak and from Dwayne's, and there appears to be conflicting responses. Summarized, Peter explained that he understood that Dwayne's would still honour these until the end of the year (let's assume he meant end of November 2010, I guess), but was not completely sure. Separately, Dwayne's customer service responded: "the process paid is no longer honored" with nothing further on when it was ended or whether the PK mailers and the red-magazine rolls were being honoured as one in the same up until the same termination date.

So, if anyone here since January 1st of this year — from Europe, ideally, or if anyone sent to that lab in Maryland for them to forward to Kansas — has had paid processing included with film they sent in, then I think it'd be great to hear about it. Otherwise, it appears that this impacts everyone across the globe.

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm in the UK and currently posting my paid-processing-included films to Kodak, Switzerland, as per Kodak instructions. Kodak send them to and from Dwaynes and post them back from Lausanne...two to three weeks. No change in the system or service since 1st January.

I'm using in-date K64 and the last of my expired K25 and K200 from my freezer, no problems or extra charges with either.

The only change in the mailers is that the ones from the last batches of K64 are overprinted with a warning that Kodachrome processing finishes at November 2010 (presumably giving Kodak a month's leeway as Dwaynes are finishing direct processing at 31st Dec.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One possibly significant difference is that as of a few months ago, Kodak will no longer forward Kodachrome to Dwayne's from Canada. Canadians must mail it directly to Dwayne's.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin