Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,691   Posts: 1,548,925   Online: 792

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

red-spool Kodachrome processing

Okay, I'm stumped:

Dwayne's announced almost a year ago that all mailers after the end of last year would not be honoured. That's not what this concerns.

I no longer have mailers. I do, however, have unprocessed rolls of KR64 housed in a red metal film enclosure (as opposed to common black). These rolls were the ones labelled "36P" (P for "processing") and "Film Price INCLUDES Processing by Kodak" [emphasis theirs]. Searches on here and on Dan's forum are not turning up anything. Or maybe I have an acute case of the dense(s) today.

Does anyone know the status of these? Are these still honoured? Has anyone sent one of these to Dwayne's since the new year?
    Last edited by accozzaglia; 03-17-2010 at 06:14 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: 36P (so what?)

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by accozzaglia View Post
    Okay, I'm stumped:

Dwayne's announced almost a year ago that all mailers after the end of last year would not be honoured. That's not what this concerns.

I no longer have mailers. I do, however, have unprocessed rolls of KR64 housed in a red metal film enclosure (as opposed to common black). These rolls were the ones labelled "36P" (P for "processing") and "Film Price INCLUDES Processing by Kodak" [emphasis theirs]. Searches on here and on Dan's forum are not turning up anything. Or maybe I have an acute case of the dense(s) today.

Does anyone know the status of these? Are these still honoured? Has anyone sent one of these to Dwayne's since the new year?
    From what I have been told, Kodachrome from foreign countries mailers will still be honored.
    I have some Swiss Kodachrome and I have to send it to Switzerland and they will send it to Dwayne's; so outside of the postage to Switzerland, it is paid for.
    I have heard the same applies to anything outside of the U.S.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My guess is that Kodak is not paying Dwayne's to process Kodachrome, so you'll have to pay.

Don't sweat it - pay if you must, and enjoy the film. After December 31, 2010 you won't have the option anymore.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoJim View Post
    My guess is that Kodak is not paying Dwayne's to process Kodachrome, so you'll have to pay.

Don't sweat it - pay if you must, and enjoy the film. After December 31, 2010 you won't have the option anymore.
    Oh, I will. But I may not be able to afford shooting Kodachrome quite as much as I had budgeted for the remainder of this year. I was not aware that Kodak was no longer paying Dwayne's across the board for Kodachrome processing. I just had understood beforehand that all mailers were phased out — whereas perhaps the rolls specifically saying processing paid on the roll itself was another grouping. Thanks for letting me know.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I would call Kodak and ask them about it. Their film department is actually really on the ball. Has always answered my emails in 24 hours or less!
    Never know, couldn't hurt, and they just might say yes to paying for it.

Jed

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Processing-paid film is old film. I can't remember how many years ago that Kodak included processing with Kodachrome in Canada.

Still, Jed has it right - no harm in asking.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Since you are in Canada, you are not bound by US Anti-trust laws. Since Dwayne's still honors process-paid from the rest of the world until 11/30/2010, I would assume that they would for Canada too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have been sending my film to Dwaynes via Kodak and paying them for it (works out a bit cheaper here in Australia) and with the last lot I got a note saying that the prepaid service would continue until October or November (can't remember which).

Shooter
    35mm
    I posed this very question to Kodak in the fall, as I thought I would be acquiring some old Canadian process-paid Kodachrome. After some back-and-forth with them, I was told that a place called District Photo in Maryland was dealing with these sort of rolls on Kodak's behalf, and that the process-paid film was being honoured.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedidiah Smith View Post
    I would call Kodak and ask them about it. Their film department is actually really on the ball. Has always answered my emails in 24 hours or less!
    Never know, couldn't hurt, and they just might say yes to paying for it.

Jed
    Hi Jed --

Is there any way you could send a PM to me with that email address? Thanks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin