Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,498   Posts: 1,543,140   Online: 1023

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Doing both will work to some extent. As I said, I have gotten 6 months out of opened bottles with no special precautions so an inert gas should help even more.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    @Anikin, I do exactly what you are wanting to do. I use the same Flexicolor SM Developer 2L kits, mixing one liter at a time. I shoot around 200 rolls of C-41 a year, and process them in a Jobo. I get around 6-7 rolls per liter doing it this way. I shoot enough, therefore, that buying a six-kit carton (12L of developer in all) of the kits makes sense.

I can't tell you how long the concentrates last, once opened; the longest I've gone is about a month, and there was no discernible degradation once I mixed up the chemistry. I don't do anything special to the opened concentrate; I do spray Dust-Off over my mixed C-41 developer solution, which lives in a 1-L amber glass bottle. I've stored this up to 3 or 4 weeks also, and even when it's turned a bit brown it still has worked flawlessly. It's more usual for me to use the stuff up within 2 weeks once mixed.

I think it really comes down to holding onto the film until you have enough to process so that you use all the chemistry within a couple of weeks. This will be all our reality going forward, especially when Kodak decides no longer to sell these smaller quantities. Who can doubt that day is within sight?
    Michael Sebastian
    Website | Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been using this stuff from my local beverage store: http://www.wineenthusiast.com/wine-e...tion-spray.asp It's a big can.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Juat read this entire thread,

the things we do for film
    it's remarkable...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    MikeSeb, PE,

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I understand what's going on now. The SM bottle C is very small, so amount of oxygen needed to
    spoil it is very small as well. From now on, I'll be just mixing the whole 2L batch with boiled distilled water and sealing in full bottles for one-time use. I'll let you know the results in 4-6 months ;-). Wildbill, thanks for the suggestion. I'll definitely get it.

Eugene.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin