Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,218   Posts: 1,532,204   Online: 942

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    I have tested this kit and it works perfectly!

PE
    What's the developer replenisher for? Do they expect us to replenish (I was hoping to use one-shot because I'm using a Jobo rotary processor)? Or is it perhaps to "season" the developer?

And the capacity of the kit -- about 800 sqin? That's about 10 rolls of 135-36, or 10 8x10 sheets?

With your endorsement, I'm in.
    Bruce Watson
    AchromaticArts.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    A simple answer to the question would be nice.

It might be cheaper to buy the 10 liter kit and throw away 2/3 of it.

I don't know, that is why I asked.

So shoot me.:rolleyes:
    Everyone complains.

This is a repackaged Kodak kit and so works the same as a Kodak kit. The data you want is on the Kodak web site. So, shoot me!

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Watson View Post
    What's the developer replenisher for? Do they expect us to replenish (I was hoping to use one-shot because I'm using a Jobo rotary processor)? Or is it perhaps to "season" the developer?

And the capacity of the kit -- about 800 sqin? That's about 10 rolls of 135-36, or 10 8x10 sheets?

With your endorsement, I'm in.
    The replenisher is all Kodak now sells. Included with the replenisher is the starter so that you have a regular unseasoned developer when mixed according to instructions.

A lot of work and searching went into this small kit. Among other things, I find that it is repackaged under nitrogen to keep the concentrates fresh for you.

So, don't knock it. Seems to me you all got what you wanted. If you want 4 liter (~1 gallon) size, then you will have to go to the Formulary and ask.

PE

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    The site doesn't give specific answers. I found the Z-101 pdf for the Flexicolor SM chemicals, which states that the 12 liter kit can process 900 rolls of 135-36 film. If this is correct, then it would be around 75 rolls per liter, if I am reading this correctly. I do not know if this is replenished or not, or if the PF kit is the SM kit. Kodak doesn't get as user friendly with it's C41 info as it does with the B&W. I want to process my own C41 8x10 film, but not if it is cheaper to take it to the last lab in Miami. Since I have never bought this stuff before, I just wanted some answers.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'd love to be able to buy a 1 gallon or 10 liter kit too, but heck, I've not been able to find the bleach online anywhere in reasonable quantities. I'm going to order one of these and try it out.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The SM kit says it is designed for the mini-lab not for a Jobo or hand processing in a small tank.

The 10 Liter Developer Replinsher Kit makes about 12.5 gallons of working tank solution. You first make the replenisher and then add water and starter to make the working solution.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    My only question is the minimum amount of solution needed for a 36 frame roll of 35mm, or the equivalent thereof. Since I use rotary processing, I don't need to fill the tank. I read the Kodak pdf that the Formulary posted, but it does not state this amount. On page 3-5 it does reference 3 sheets of 8x10 per liter of un-replenished developer, but I believe that is for line processing, not one-shot drum processing. I can do the math from there to see if this fits my needs.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I e-mailed the Formulary earlier today with some questions about the kit, and received a reply with an attachment containing the Kodak data sheet that is included with the kit:

http://www.photoformulary.com/upload...structions.pdf

(this link is on their MSDS page, and mentioned on the C-41 kit page as well)

I read through it and this info comes from 2005, and contains details on Small Tank, Sink Line, Batch, and Rotary Tube processing.

EDITED
    Right in the beginning, on the third page, for small tank processing, it lists various film sizes and the number of rolls of each that can be processed per quart / liter. For 120 film (what I shoot primarily), it is 10 rolls / liter.

My mistake on the above - that table is only for the bleach, fixer, and final rinse capacities.

My only remaining question is about the contents of the kit, which differs somewhat to what the instructions say... it lists Dev and Dev Replenisher. Is the idea that you mix the two to create a concentrated developer, and then further dilute that for one-shot use? Or do you mix both when you do the dilution. (i.e., mix once, or mix 10 times for 10 rolls of 120?)

I also got a shipping estimate of $11.95 for one kit to NJ, $14.95 for two kits, so it is worth it to buy multiple kits to save on shipping.
    Last edited by guyjr; 03-24-2010 at 12:58 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Mistaken information

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Read it again.

The Developer capacity is 3 rolls of 120 and the Bleach capacity is 10 rolls per liter. You can reuse the bleach but must discard the developer after one use. Also, the shelf life of the bleach once mixed/used is 8 weeks. It's not necessary to use a stoppered bottle with the bleach as it needs air.

I must admitt Kodak's C-41 chemistry and availability is awfully confusing. I E-mailed them regaring the availability for Bleach III.

BTW, the pub you posted is not for the SM kit.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bleach III will keep almost forever before use. The fix will last for a few months before use. These are both after dilution to working strength. For developer quantities, use the amount specified by your tank manufacturer for each roll size and number of rolls.

Their developer comes packed in 4 containers with instructions. Use them to make 1 Liter of working strength developer. The kit includes starter in one of the 4 containers of developer concentrates.

PE

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin