Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,258   Online: 1002

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan Swindles View Post
    Many thanks for you replies folks, I am about to try Ektar 100 with my OM-4Ti. I have ordered a few of the different Portra films to test and check my preferences.
    benjiboy, thanks for the link, I will order some immediately. I think I'm going to be quite busy!
    Thanks again.
    I'm just trying Ektar myself Alan for the first time but it's still in my Canon T90, I haven't seen any results yet.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I've recently got back into film and got a good deal on some just out-of-date Fuji Reala 100 - I'm half way through my first roll so nothing to report...:rolleyes:

I figured I couldn't go far wrong with Fuji film.

Any thoughts on Reala 100 from experienced users...?

Shooter
    35mm
    I use Reala in 35mm and I think it's great. It can be quite punchy when the sun is out but still quite nice for people. Doesn't seem to exaggerate reds in the skin like Superia often does. When the sun goes in (quite often in England) it gives quite a subtle look. I've printed up to 10x8 and there's no grain at all on my prints. I would say it's a good all-round film, but 100 can be a bit slow if you like to hand hold your camera. I use it more in the summer than the winter when I tend to use 800 films. Around the equinox is when one takes over from the other.

But be warned! If you fall in love with 35mm Reala - you may be in for pain, Fuji are going to stop importing it.

I should also say that I find it quite an easy film to colour balance in the darkroom, certainly easier than the 400H neg I worked on the other day.
    Last edited by perkeleellinen; 03-26-2010 at 12:31 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Cheers perks - I'm looking forward to seeing my first roll (hope my light seal replacement has worked).

I reckon Reala will be available for ages yet - we can always import it if we're desperate.

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes, I suppose you're right. I'm actually more concerned about the availability of colour paper at the moment.

Maybe we could start an APUG Cooperative and import the Fuji films ourselves.
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Ah - I don't do any developing myself so I can see your problem.

A co-op - that is always possible...!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin