Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,767   Posts: 1,516,490   Online: 880

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shelf Life of Kodak Bleach III

Hi all,

I'm thinking about ordering Kodak Flexicolor III Bleach Replenisher Parts A&B to make 12.5 gallons (Kodak CAT 8184038 and 8214637). Does anyone know the shelf life of this product (unmixed) as it will take me a couple of years or more to go thru it.

Thanks,

Thomas
    Last edited by Tom Taylor; 03-23-2010 at 02:36 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Shelf life is very long.

Try asking kodak directly or finding a minilab store. I've had great luck searching ebay for bleach. I got 5 gallons for $40 shipped or something like that.
    --Nicholas Andre

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It lasts virtually forever.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks guys.

I figured the unmixed shelf life was essentially indefinite as long as it wasn't kept at a low temperature but I wanted to confirm before I committed to purchase. It turns out that I can purchase the Part B but Calumet told me that Part A & B were discontinued and they didnít' have "A" Adorama has "A" on their website but when I called it wasn't in stock and they also said it was discontinued. I E-mailed Kodak asking the question that I posted here and also if it was still available. According to their website I should hear back from them within 48 hours.

Apparently the bleach for minilabs is different from the Flexicolor Bleach III which I would want to stick with. Kodak does now market a C-41 SM bleach which I am now using but it cost substantially more than Bleach III.

Thanks again.

Thomas

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Kodak's response to my E-mail was quick:

Dear Thomas,

I am sorry to say that product will no longer be available. However, the shelf life would be 5 years from time of manufacture.

Best Regards.
    Tony AuClair
    Kodak Service & Support, USA

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin