Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,312   Posts: 1,536,666   Online: 794

Shooter
    Medium Format

retouching analog prints

Hi, I've been retouching for the first time, with colour retouching dyes and I find it a bit difficult. any tips or links to websites with info/tutorials/tips?

thanks!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I prefer using Spottone for retouching, but unfortunately it is no longer made. The secret it to use a #000 brush (triple zero size). Do not use it like a paint brush, but instead use it to slowly dab or place dots of retouching fluid in the offending spot. This is way the action is called "spotting." You should slowly build up the density of the spot to match the surrounding area of the print instead of trying to match the tone all in one spot. Presently I use Marshall's neutral black. Henry Horenstein's book on basic B&W photography has a good chapter that addresses spotting.
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'd be interested too. My first attempt was slightly abysmal.

Match colors like you do color printing. fix/dry a white sheet of paper, so you can make spots of color on it. compare those to the color you need and add colors until you reach the desired shade.
    --Nicholas Andre

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Davis View Post
    This is a very nice paper, thanks a lot!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin