Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,857   Posts: 1,583,065   Online: 902

Thread: What Dilution?

Shooter
    35mm RF

What Dilution?

I just got an Arista 41, C-41 color kit for developing my own color film. After mixing all the chemicals and such, I was ready to develop, but when I look for the dilution I need for each chemical, none is listed! Is the developer supposed to be used straight? Why does it not list this if that is so?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You mix working solutions straight from concentrates with color chemicals.

It is plain as day on the Kodak chemicals. If anything says "...to make XXX volume of working solution", just "to make...", or something similar, that means to use it straight. If the box says "to make", there you have it.

However, I have never read the Arista directions, so I do not know what they say. I would not be surprised if they were very bad.

The moral of the story? Buy Kodak chemicals when doing a Kodak process, for many reasons, including cost, separate bleach and fix steps, apparently for the better mixing instructions, and so on and so forth.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm RF
    What raises my suspicion that I did not mix working solutions from the concentrate, but that it was a stock solution is the chart on the paper that came with the chemicals that says that 3 rolls of 24 exposure film can be processed in 8 oz of chemical. From what i know it takes about 11 ounces minimum to even fully cover ONE roll of film. The capacity of my mixed chemicals are now 1 quart each. The paper recommends that I use chemicals only one and then dump. However the freestyle site says under the description of this kit that 8 rolls of 36 exposure can be processed or more IF reused. I am very confused and just want to know if I mixed a working solution or a stock solution? And if its a stock, what are my dilutions?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It only takes 8 oz. to cover a roll of 35 in a standard stainless steel Nikkor tank!

Again, there are no dilutions!!! Use it straight!

Get Kodak chemicals, and read manual Z-131!!!
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is this the sheet? http://www.freestylephoto.biz/pdf/AristaC41.pdf

Do NOT dilute the solutions, they are to be used as mixed. The instructions are a little cryptic, but no worse than others. They mention storage of working solutions, but the implication is that is developer that has already been used.

Shooter
    35mm
    You got the one quart liquid concentrate kit, right? It's a one quart kit, and that's all it makes - one quart. If you got the one gallon kit, that's all it makes. I believe the same set of directions is printed with both kits, so that may be the confusion.

Do not dilute - this isn't HC110 where are are 40,000 different dilutions.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin